What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

All you pricks giving out about the speed of the forum, what is it like, 0.0001 of a second slower than something else? I think you're missing the point of improving the site.

tumped.jpg

All you pricks giving out about the speed of the forum, what is it like, 0.0001 of a second slower than something else? I think you're missing the point of improving the site.
i'd say the changes have halved the time for pages to load for me; 8 seconds just there for the 'bored in work' page to complete loading. it used to take much longer.

Life is short, I can't afford to lose that sort of time.

Nice one on the once-per-page sigs. I think I had them switched off long ago, but I'm not always logged in when I'm poking around Thumped.

I'd also strip out the join date, age, location, blog entries stuff on each post. If anyone needs to know that stuff, they can go to the user profile.

I'd also strip out the join date, age, location, blog entries stuff on each post. If anyone needs to know that stuff, they can go to the user profile.

this is actually something i was thinking about doing - might give it a try later

also: every thread from every board on one page

this is actually something i was thinking about doing - might give it a try later

also: every thread from every board on one page

I'd leave the join date in. The five letters "NKOTB" can be very informative when considered alongside the content of the post.

Would be an idea to see if the "Post Thanks / Like" bar can be removed from every post that isn't thanked/like. It's redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back