What's wrong with thumped.com? (10 Viewers)

Two things:
1) Every time I try to post in this thread, the little loading thing in the top right just hangs and the post doesn't post.
2) "what's wrong with thumped" doesn't bring this thread up in the search results, even when you search thread titles only.

Two things:
1) Every time I try to post in this thread, the little loading thing in the top right just hangs and the post doesn't post.

working fine for me

2) "what's wrong with thumped" doesn't bring this thread up in the search results, even when you search thread titles only.

whatswrong.jpg

working fine for me
Still not working. I hit Post Reply (and all the buttons grey out) and the little loading bars appear in the top right. After a few seconds the buttons turn blue again and Firefox (37.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.9.5) looks like it's still working. No problems in any other thread.

thumped1.jpg

And searching again with "Search titles only" checked:
thumped2.jpg

Still not working. I hit Post Reply (and all the buttons grey out) and the little loading bars appear in the top right. After a few seconds the buttons turn blue again and Firefox (37.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.9.5) looks like it's still working. No problems in any other thread.

View attachment 10498

And searching again with "Search titles only" checked:
View attachment 10499

HMMMMMM

something's gone screwy on the server that's causing load spikes & performance drops. i'm looking into it...

Gotten this a couple of times this afternoon (refreshing the pages resolves it but just in case it's indicative of an actual server problem):
Untitled.png

Gotten this a couple of times this afternoon (refreshing the pages resolves it but just in case it's indicative of an actual server problem):
View attachment 10649
I'm using cloudlinux to prevent another site on the server that was causing problems from eating up all the resources & after an upgrade I had to reset all its custom limits just before I went on holidays. I forgot to make my own unlimited again.

I can't find my previous post where I was (quelle surprise) moaning about ads/tracking beacons. With iOS9's ability to easily enable ad/beacon/privacy blockers, it's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out. Ad blocking is becoming more and more popular as site operators abuse their users with junk loads of wasted bandwidth.

Daring Fireball: Safari Content Blocker, Before and After

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back