whats tinkling your speakers today.. (1 Viewer)

ah fancy, my favourite old man of shit.
ah fancy.
you should come to melt banana tomorrow, fancy
they'll burn your face off and melt your brain. Brian S. went to see them in limerick last night and said they were ahzuzmemrt.

andrew
ps guys i'm listening to whitehouse - 'rape day'

TESTAROSSA said:
ah fancy, my favourite old man of shit.
ah fancy.
you should come to melt banana tomorrow, fancy
they'll burn your face off and melt your brain. Brian S. went to see them in limerick last night and said they were ahzuzmemrt.

andrew
ps guys i'm listening to whitehouse - 'rape day'

hmmm.
Tomorrow I was gonna have a "I have to buy a new Duff-coat because meKnackersAreBleedinFreezin" day.

Actually spandex gimmie a shout about that gig then splater, In the mean time i'll mull the idea over in my vaccuose skull, just as if it were a gulleyer marble rolling around the inside a coconut shell the size and shape of my head and made of bone.

nlgbbbblth said:
Mark Kozelek - Duk Koo Kim
is this the blue 10 inch (steady!) on cameron crowes label?
whats it like?
there's an album on the way too under the band name "sun kil moon"

http://www.jetsetrecords.com/bands/sun_kil_moon/bio.asp

i got to interview him a few years ago - he's a nice guy!!

found this on my travels...which means its out, um, today!
==================================================

Onetime Red House Painter and huge AC/DC fan Mark Kozelek is ready to roll out a new album, Ghosts of the Great Highway, with his new band, Sun Kil Moon, on Jetset Records this November 4th. The album was recorded in San Francisco between March 2002 and May 2003 with drummers Anthony Koutsos (Red House Painters) and Tim Mooney (American Music Club), Seattle bassist Geoff Stanfield (ex-Black Lab) and a string trio from the San Francisco Conservatory. The album was recorded by San Francisco engineer Aaron Prellwitz (Red House Painters, Hella).

At least some of this material might already be somewhat familiar to the obsessive completist, as "Duk Koo Kim" already came out on Cameron Crowe's Vinyl Records as a ten-inch single earlier this year. And yes, the Glenn Tipton of the opening track's title is indeed the guitarist from Judas Priest, for whom the song is apparently named. Don't ever say that we don't go the extra mile here at Pitchfork to chase down every last reference and allusion for you, the loyal reader, to whom we are so hopelessly devoted. The new band will tour early next year. Tracklist:

01 Glenn Tipton
02 Carry Me Ohio
03 Salvador Sanchez
04 Last Tide
05 Floating
06 Gentle Moon
07 Lily and Parrots
08 Duk Koo Kim
09 Si, Paloma
10 Pancho Villa

Mark Kozelek recorded six studio albums with Red House Painters and three solo albums, including What's Next to the Moon, a collection of AC/DC covers. His RHP output was notable for its vacillation between extreme sensitivity and equally extreme intensity, such that you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the long-lost brother of American Music Club's Mark Eitzel, with whom he's now apparently also sharing a drummer.

spectraljanitor said:
is this the blue 10 inch (steady!) on cameron crowes label?
whats it like?
there's an album on the way too under the band name "sun kil moon"
good news about the lp - thanks for that info

yeah that's the 10" - somewhat of a grower - reasonably good
horrendously expensive - that and the Low 10" on the same label cost €16.99 each
. Not quite sure if they're worth it

lovely blue and red vinyl though

American Steel mp3s that I hadn't played in over 2 years. I'd ignored them because for some reason I had American Steel grouped with other crappy 'American X' bands (e.g. American Hi-Fi, American Headcharge) .. but I just realised they're actually top-notch :/

That Yann Tiersan fellow is playing here soon - I wonder what kind of format he performs in, being that he's a soundtrack composer.

have been listening to mars volta all dat so i just went to play the new perfect circle album on my pc only to find its pirate protected so it wont open. it also cant get raped and pilaged by johnny depp. that could be a lie

Which Prolapse, Snakybus? I used to like 'Pointless Walks To Dismal Places'.

Currently: Blemish by David Sylvian & Sheer Heart Attack by Queen.

The sound of 48 Korean children playing Quake...

*turns up volume on MD*

Velvet Underground - 1969 Vol.1
to be followed shortly if I'm not mistaken by the sounds of The Natural Bridge by the Joos.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
The sound of 48 Korean children playing Quake...

*turns up volume on MD*

Velvet Underground - 1969 Vol.1
to be followed shortly if I'm not mistaken by the sounds of The Natural Bridge by the Joos.
Lost For Words - Leaf compilation
Murray Street - Sonic Youth
Nixon - Lambchop

'sister' - sonic youth
and i got slint, the dagda, sabbath and my boy bryan ferry to hang out with today in work.

andrew

eoinOT said:
That Yann Tiersan fellow is playing here soon - I wonder what kind of format he performs in, being that he's a soundtrack composer.
i think the press release thingy i read mentioned him playing lots of different instruments (including the accordion). oh, and smoking. i have no idea why it mentioned the smoking, unless they thought non-smoking audience members might be offended by it.

current listening:
angels of light - everything is good here/please come home

minka said:
current listening:
angels of light - everything is good here/please come home

Whata great album title, jaysus, I've got pangs of loss without ever having heard them!:(

Currently relaxing to..
toru takemitsu - towards the sea
sole - selling live water
messiah j and the expert - what's confusing you
townparks foundry
papercop - a lifetime over dublin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back