whats tinkling your speakers today.. (2 Viewers)

Bright eyes: the one with the pink cover and fireworks on it
M83: dead cities (really looking forward to the gig on monday)
ac/dc: highway to hell

Ian said:
M83: dead cities (really looking forward to the gig on monday)

Me too, shall be unusual to say the least given that they're going to be doing semi-rock versions of all their tunes

Listening today:
Last Post
Bobby Dazzler
Low
Q-Bert rocking the bells
Jazzy Jay

Ed said:
Me too, shall be unusual to say the least given that they're going to be doing semi-rock versions of all their tunes
really?? I was expecting a wall of laptops as opposed to a wall of marshalls... jaysus the amount of chins stroking in unison at this could be deafining wha

Ian said:
really?? I was expecting a wall of laptops as opposed to a wall of marshalls... jaysus the amount of chins stroking in unison at this could be deafining wha

To quote them:
"On stage we have a drummer and bassist, so we try to do something a little more noisy than what’s on the album. So we play the same songs, they just sound different and really noisy. So when people come to see us they are sometimes disappointed, but most of the time it works, it’s just another version of our music. We played on our own for three years. And we’ve been playing with the drummer and the bassist since april, it’s so much better to play rock n roll. I’ve seen mogwai live so many times and I love the way they sound on stage, I love Death In Vegas on stage aswell, I’d love to sound like them, because it’s the perfect mix between rock n roll and electronic music, and it’s so logical, and we try to do something like that."

mangler said:
It's so good. Did you hear Sage Francis - Personal Journals? Rapid...

the sole album is decent. i'm just glad he's stopped posting ot hiphopinfinity

sage francis album..amazing mc but over-rated album. grown man still whining about his parents breaking up. linkin park.

andrew

mangler said:
Sole - selling live water
It's so good. Did you hear Sage Francis - Personal Journals? Rapid...
Not yet, in a long queue to borrow it, sounds amazing though.|..|

Messiah j album is good too, sounds a bit thin beside Sole mind you, more variety please:)

The earlier Sage Francis stuff is gas - so crap.

Best I've heard in ages though is the Why? solo album "Oaklandazuasylum". Absolutely amazing. Loadsa guitar and stuff. He really tries to fuck you up, but some of his lyrics are so sweet and cute (as was pointed out to me by a girl... I wouldn't have noticed. Cos I'm cool :cool: )

"You're so sensitive,
You can feel a single hair curl while your sleeping,
And each fraction of a millimetre fingernails growth..."

Igor said:
Not yet, in a long queue to borrow it, sounds amazing though

Messiah j album is good too, sounds a bit thin beside Sole mind you, more variety please:)
Sage F from who? I dinnae have it!!
but.........there's a new cLOUDDEAD single and ablum on the way!!

January 26th cLOUDDEAD single, Dead Dogs Two (with Board of Canada remix) (Big Dada)
January 23rd cLOUDDEAD album, Ten (Big Dada):cool:

curious: do you like any hip hop by black people?

i'm honestly a lot more psyched about the new jay-z than a new cLOUDDEAD. they suck now since they started using an mpc anyway.

andrew

i like jandek too
he's pretty a pretty white dude,...or is he?! of course he is, only a white person would pull that bullshit.
theyyyy tollddd meee abbbouttt youuuuu

i just think it's funny people getting so super psyched over all this anticon and def jux shit (which i like some of) and have probably never heard nor do they have the inclination to hear something like 'ready to die' which is better than if the back catalogues of all those labels were combined and compressed to play on a 3'' cd with a cool light show. ready to die is a notorious big album. you shoudl check it out before you check out anymore clouddead or whatever.

andrew

also - i've had 'changes' by black sabbath on repeat for about half an hour now. it's so good. is that a mellotron in the background?!

andrew

TESTAROSSA said:
i like jandek too
he's pretty a pretty white dude,...or is he?! of course he is, only a white person would pull that bullshit.
theyyyy tollddd meee abbbouttt youuuuu

i just think it's funny people getting so super psyched over all this anticon and def jux shit (which i like some of) and have probably never heard nor do they have the inclination to hear something like 'ready to die' which is better than if the back catalogues of all those labels were combined and compressed to play on a 3'' cd with a cool light show. ready to die is a notorious big album. you shoudl check it out before you check out anymore clouddead or whatever.

andrew
Ya, to tell the truth, a lot of the Anticon stuff is a bit shit, but I totally love Why?'s album. And the EP. And the split with Odd Nosdam. Not too mad on the Def Jux stuff either...

But, Buck 65 said that he'd be back to Ireland soon! He's so cool. :cool: With his coolness. Girls said he was hot too...

spectraljanitor said:
isn't it racist to presume that only certain races are entitled to make certain types of music?

no, but it's completely retarded to be all "rah rah rah hip hop" and only listen to white people performing it considering they are vastly in the minority.
but you're a new jack so it doens't really matter. it's not like you'll be listening in 6 months anyway.

aesop rock is white?!

andrew

ps - i'm just acting up cos i listen to more hip hop than you and you've never heard a rocafella record, don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back