whats tinkling your speakers today.. (3 Viewers)

mangler said:
Ya, to tell the truth, a lot of the Anticon stuff is a bit shit, but I totally love Why?'s album. And the EP. And the split with Odd Nosdam. Not too mad on the Def Jux stuff either...

But, Buck 65 said that he'd be back to Ireland soon! He's so cool. :cool: With his coolness. Girls said he was hot too...

the best thing on anticon was deep puddle dynamics which is completley dead now. that's cool, i didn't like his last album in the slightest, but i'd go see him live. does he still do old shit like The Centaur?a dude from clondalkin (now in candda) called STigg of the Dump did an ep with the sebutones (buck65 + sixtoo)...i thought that was weird. it's pretty decent.

andrew

TESTAROSSA said:
it's completely retarded to be all "rah rah rah hip hop" and only listen to white people performing it considering they are vastly in the minority.
but you're a new jack so it doens't really matter. it's not like you'll be listening in 6 months anyway.

aesop rock is white?!

andrew

ps - i'm just acting up cos i listen to more hip hop than you and you've never heard a rocafella record, don't worry.
"rah rah rah hip hop" - how did you know i would say that? wowee you are psychic.

i like totally only listen to music that I'm told to and for 6 month periods at that.... I'm really happy that you listen to more hiphop than i do. that makes you the biggest hiphopper in the playground.

don't forget yr bulletproof jacket tho....

whatever - you're the one who's coming across as the guy who has a subscription to every boring english music magazine known to man. every band you ever mention is the safest shit that's getting hyped up this month or last month. you probably cried when Bang shut down.

enjoy chicks on speed and holly golightly though
i'm sure they'll be fantastic.

andrew

ps - this is starting to look like a dick measuring contest which i'm desperately trying to win, but i don't care about that shit. it just bugs me when people front some wannabe musicologist vibe and everything they listen to is straight off the On page of the nme or whatever.
i totally look like an asshole now!! help me out here hag...

TESTAROSSA said:
whatever - you're the one who's coming across as the guy who has a subscription to every boring english music magazine known to man. every band you ever mention is the safest shit that's getting hyped up this month or last month. you probably cried when Bang shut down.

ps - this is starting to look like a dick measuring contest which i'm desperately trying to win, but i don't care about that shit. it just bugs me when people front some wannabe musicologist vibe and everything they listen to is straight off the On page of the nme or whatever.
i totally look like an asshole now!! help me out here hag...
yeah you do look like an asshole with yr dick in yr hand.
with all the name dropping yr doing you must be some wannabe musicologist
i don't read music magazines. it seems you do tho being so familiar with these titles and pages and the like.

TESTAROSSA said:
yeah you got me.

enjoy the new peaches or whatever it is spoonfed retards listen to

andrew
can you recommend me some hip hop cause i am totally new to this music thing.

well it's pretty obvious you are totally new to hip hop...
so you could try nas - 'illmatic', gza - 'liquid swords' or slick rick 'great adventures of slick rick'!

glad i could help!

andrew

Igor said:
Currently relaxing to..
toru takemitsu - towards the sea
sole - selling live water
messiah j and the expert - what's confusing you
townparks foundry
papercop - a lifetime over dublin
townparks foundry is deadly! :)

nlgbbbblth said:
good news about the lp - thanks for that info

yeah that's the 10" - somewhat of a grower - reasonably good
horrendously expensive - that and the Low 10" on the same label cost €16.99 each
. Not quite sure if they're worth it

lovely blue and red vinyl though
i'd say cameron crowe needs the money tho!:rolleyes:

from http://www.vinyl-films.com/records/rec2.html:
The idea behind the series is to create a limited, highly collectible release on vinyl. In this day and age of digital madness and file-swapping and mp3 downloads, we love the idea of creating a truly analog experience for the diehard fan. Each EP has roughly 8-12 minutes per side, and has material exclusive to the series. Each release is limited to 2000 copies worldwide. One-thousand copies are numbered on black vinyl for distribution in the United States. Five-hundred copies are pressed on colored vinyl for European distribution, and the final five-hundred copies are on clear vinyl, to be sold in a boxed set once the series has run its course. Plans for the boxed set include a poster, all 10-12 of the 10" EPs in the series, and one 10" exclusive to the set. The boxed set is slated to be released in late 2004 or early 2005.

Mark Kozelek's "Duk Koo Kim" was the inaugural release, which has SOLD OUT in the U.S. - blue vinyl copies will be available overseas in mid-September, 2003.

Our second release, Low's "Murderer," will be released worldwide (numbered black vinyl in the U.S., red vinyl in Europe) in mid-September, 2003. Check your local vinyl store and tell them it is distributed by Secretly Canadian so they can order it for you. Online copies can be ordered at www.pastemusic.com in mid-September as well (supplies are extremely limited).

spectraljanitor said:
i'd say cameron crowe needs the money tho!:rolleyes:

from http://www.vinyl-films.com/records/rec2.html:
The idea behind the series is to create a limited, highly collectible release on vinyl. In this day and age of digital madness and file-swapping and mp3 downloads, we love the idea of creating a truly analog experience for the diehard fan. Each EP has roughly 8-12 minutes per side, and has material exclusive to the series. Each release is limited to 2000 copies worldwide. One-thousand copies are numbered on black vinyl for distribution in the United States. Five-hundred copies are pressed on colored vinyl for European distribution, and the final five-hundred copies are on clear vinyl, to be sold in a boxed set once the series has run its course. Plans for the boxed set include a poster, all 10-12 of the 10" EPs in the series, and one 10" exclusive to the set. The boxed set is slated to be released in late 2004 or early 2005.

Mark Kozelek's "Duk Koo Kim" was the inaugural release, which has SOLD OUT in the U.S. - blue vinyl copies will be available overseas in mid-September, 2003.

Our second release, Low's "Murderer," will be released worldwide (numbered black vinyl in the U.S., red vinyl in Europe) in mid-September, 2003. Check your local vinyl store and tell them it is distributed by Secretly Canadian so they can order it for you. Online copies can be ordered at www.pastemusic.com in mid-September as well (supplies are extremely limited).
nice idea
be a bitch to get the lot tho

Braid's Age of Octeen.

I once tried to argue with someone that Hey Mercedes was as good as Braid. Don't know what I was smoking at the time...

Today I'm listening to:

Rainforest Nuttaoe
Explosion Masticate
The Ruling Pod
Menastic Fantastic

As far as Hip hop goes, I have one thing to say - "Bring that shit to the street cause yo in for a real throbbin treat"

how did the sabbath make real strings sound like a mellotron and why?

yann tiersen concert was good when he was doing his soundtrack stuff but the rock stuff blew.

devendra banhart: oh me oh my (minor disappointment after the live renderings..)
23 Skidoo: The culling is coming
Art Zoyd: Nosferatu
Univers Zero: 1313
Hafler Trio: various stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back