Whats the deal with indie kids being into metal? (1 Viewer)

brianoak

This isnt directed at anyone in particular by the way.

Why is it suddenly acceptable?
Its always the same bands too i.e Mastadon,Converge etc etc.

Would a Slayer T-shirt wear the print off a snow patrol one when placed in the same drawer?

does it really bother you that much?? maybe they just like a different range of t-shirts

The said:
does it really bother you that much?? maybe they just like a different range of t-shirts
The last bit was a joke.I didnt say whether it bothered me or not.Im offering the topic for discussion.

glen said:
I blame Bam Vagera.

What's Bam short for anyway? Bamber?

I fucking do too.Ruined the integrity of Turbonegro and Clutch.

Hag:its not so much the t-shirt as some people being into a select section of music of that ilk and acting like they invented it or something.
I think comes down to the fact that I dont beleive most people are half as open minded as they would have you beleive..

a lot of the time it's 'ironic'.

which is pretty crappy.

(i don't listen to all that much metal, but i do like the stuff i listen to, or find it intriguing or interesting or whatever, and not in a 'ha ha, this is, like, so bad it's good' way.)

mastodon are kind of 'heavy rock' as much as metal (no doubt someone will dispute this but anyway), so that's why the indie kids feel a bit more comfy with them.

the other side of the equation is people - usually punk types - insisting that certain bands are 'hardcore' when they're plainly metal. it's like people just can't bring themselves to admit that, yes, they're listening to metal.

Unclealo said:
Most indie kids have metal pasts

yeah, the stupid ones... all that is a case of "I'm into metal but all the girls in the metal scene are mingers (what few girls there are) so I'm going to be all indie cause the girls are better looking.... then I can be 'ironic' about my metal past"

true blue indie kids, like me, get really uptight about this kinda crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back