What's the closest UB40 have ever driven you to violence? (1 Viewer)

I was on the soccer team when I was 14 years old and all our away games on the bus this girl named Jenny Risoto would play "Red, Red Wine" and the B 52's "Love Shack" really loud and sing along. I killed her a number of times...in my head.

"Head like a bag of smashed crabs" = me laughing.

I was on the soccer team when I was 14 years old and all our away games on the bus this girl named Jenny Risoto would play "Red, Red Wine" and the B 52's "Love Shack" really loud and sing along. I killed her a number of times...in my head.

"Head like a bag of smashed crabs" = me laughing.
you laugh like a bag of smashed crabs?!

Georgie is always talking about this thread. all the time.

that taxi journey was nothing on the place that i ended up in London a couple of months back. shuffling from foot to foot, face sore from smiling.. i don't even want to think about the shit i had to dance to..
i've tried to wipe it all from memory but i definitely know there was a world music feel to it..
i know UB40 was in there..

"no, yeah i'm ok.. everything is ok.. i'm having a great night(kill me)"

worked in a hotel for years part time and it was my job to set up the weddings on a friday and saturday. it usually took a good 4 hours or so each day.
the fella i worked with had the keys to the room with the cd player. so that meant he had control over what we listened to.
everyday it was the best of UB40 ("UB40 are class boiy") and all 6 remixes of the song le passion by gigi di agostino.
everyday someone other worker from the hotel would walk in and go "ah nice one UB40, I love them! are you going to them in manchester/london/glasgow, i have seen them 10 times". what a bunch of meat heads.

on a good day i might get the album rise by gabrielle....
more wrist slitting stuff.

i was banned from listening to my music cus one time i was listening to that strange track at the end of aenima by tool when one of the hotel managers brought in potential customers into the ballroom to the sound of static.

I was at a work party and a bunch of us went back to one of the lads houses. He pulls out a keyboard and plays "red red wine" badly while drunk and sang it through, I was gone before he got to the second chorus.

how can you be a talking heads fan AND a UB40 fan? explain please in great detail...

i like pop, rock,metal, dance, country, blues, reggae, garage (60s) garage (90s/2000s), drum and bass, drill and bass, minimal, maximal whatever.

I dont care what genre just good music and impeccable taste.

?

what kind of question is that?

maybe listen to signing off first.
start with "food for thought"

well, ur user name is an anagram of Talking Heads, which means u must be a fan or great admirer of their music. right? now, i reiterate my first question: how can u be a fan of such an amazing band such as talking heads, who produced some of the most interesting, diverse and original music of the past 30 yrs and also be a fan of ub40, who are one of the worst bands of the past 100 yrs?
if howevr, u r not a fan of talking heads and don't know the relationship between ur user name and them, i take back my ques.!ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back