what's the best show tomorrow night? (1 Viewer)

Doors at 9, yeh deadlies at 9:15, Sleep thieves at 10, us at 10:45 or thereabouts.
It'll go something like that.

the first dublin gig i've been to in nearly three years. in the words of my little brother (nine years my junior, who claims to be "not emo"):

yeh deadlies: "i remember the songs by all the cool guitar bits. they don't really sound like anything".
sleep thieves: "the singer looks like my ex-girlfriend. they're alright, but if i wanted to listen to stuff like that i could turn on mtv and i have la roux".
land lovers: "i wouldn't even download them".

everyone's a critic! i enjoyed the night myself.

the first dublin gig i've been to in nearly three years. in the words of my little brother (nine years my junior, who claims to be "not emo"):

yeh deadlies: "i remember the songs by all the cool guitar bits. they don't really sound like anything".
sleep thieves: "the singer looks like my ex-girlfriend. they're alright, but if i wanted to listen to stuff like that i could turn on mtv and i have la roux".
land lovers: "i wouldn't even download them".

everyone's a critic! i enjoyed the night myself.

I'll take this time to voice my opinion on the Twisted Pepper. WORST VENUE EVER. Seriously. The sound is always shit. Last night was particularly bad and it was hurting my ears. The vibe of the place in general is just terrible. I loathe it. At least I had a bouncy ball to play with... it was the highlight of my evening. I need to buy one. Very satisfying.

I'll take this time to voice my opinion on the Twisted Pepper. WORST VENUE EVER. Seriously. The sound is always shit. Last night was particularly bad and it was hurting my ears. The vibe of the place in general is just terrible. I loathe it. At least I had a bouncy ball to play with... it was the highlight of my evening. I need to buy one. Very satisfying.

That ball looked so lonely after you left too. Just lying there. Poor little ball. All alone.

The sound was a lot worse onstage than off imho. Too loud for the room/ number of people though. imho.

Edit: i think emo jo's download remark was aimed at all of the bands.

What did you think of the bands?

I wouldn't download them.

The voice Ireland's youth heard loud and clear.

Yeah ropey sound onstage in that place, why do they have the back wall speakers turned on for live stuff? It just ends up that if you're close to stage its all guitars and if you're far back its all drums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back