whats on yer desktop wallpaper? (1 Viewer)

herv said:
i highly recommend it too.

super film. has anyone seen Daniel Clowes' comic 'David Boring'? it looks great.

it's good - 'like a velvet glove cast in iron' is my poisonal fave.
caricature is pretty depressing.

herv said:

super film. has anyone seen Daniel Clowes' comic 'David Boring'? it looks great.

the chalets xylophone song is about that there boring guy.
nice tune n all.

Originally Posted by herv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's good - 'like a velvet glove cast in iron' is my poisonal fave.
caricature is pretty depressing.

Yo, David Boring is deadly, fuckin mentil. I think Caricature is better, pretty depressing I suppose, but classy. Has anyone got any Eightball comics? Apart from the one with "confessions of an art school thingy", I've got that one and want to read some more, Eightball is his fucking deadliest stuff.

eoin said:
Yo, David Boring is deadly, fuckin mentil. I think Caricature is better, pretty depressing I suppose, but classy. Has anyone got any Eightball comics? Apart from the one with "confessions of an art school thingy", I've got that one and want to read some
more, Eightball is his fucking deadliest stuff.

hey eoin - how come we've never talked about this before? i had no idea! i had a loan of 'lout rampage' which is bits and pieces from eightball. can't find it to buy anywhere. fantagraphics site probably sells it. apparantly some company that owed them a lot of money went bust and now they might go bust. suxxxxx

andrew

np - holy ghost fathers - 'cock of the walk'

Funny you should say they ngglpth... Crumb director terry zwigoff is also the co-writer/director of ghost world...
Anal fact: the drawings that enid did in the movie are drawings by Robert Crumbs daughter...

my head is full of useless information lkike this

Yeah, I really want to get all of Clowes stuff, I'd say he's me favourite comic writer right now. Tower Records used to have some of his stuff, and they have special discounts so you don't have to pay anything, but they haven't had any of his stuff for a while. What other comics you into? Alan Moore is The Man.

Oh, and to bring this nicely back to the thread I've actually got a Harry Ex "Buttonman" (from 2000ad) pic as my background:
buttonman.jpg

eoin said:
Yeah, I really want to get all of Clowes stuff, I'd say he's me favourite comic writer right now. Tower Records used to have some of his stuff, and they have special discounts so you don't have to pay anything, but they haven't had any of his stuff for a while. What other comics you into? Alan Moore is The Man.

darknight and the watchmen are genius..I thought there was supposed to be a film of the watchmen being made any update on this..that would be one crazy dark film..unless hollywood decide to fuck it up. which they nearly always do.

Nah, I read there were plans to make the film but nothing could be really cut or whatever. Anyway I think that comics are so similar to films theres usually no point in converting them, unless is some big fuck off Hollywood Blockbuster I suppose... Can't see that happening with the Watchmen though, well, I dunno actually. That comic fuckin blew me away, bloody amazing.

eoin said:
What other comics you into? Alan Moore is The Man.

Peter Bagge's HATE series rocks my world...
Eightball is another classic
Robert Crumbs collaberations with Charles Bukowski also rock my world

HATE is crying out for a film adaptation

they did three...
mainly they are buk's short story's with crumbs illustrations, but they do indeed rule...
Black Sparrow press publish them... have seen them on the shelf on waterstones the odd time... but they are usually pritty battered as they are thin and in a comic biik size, best to order them in...

I'm shure you understand, but I dont lend out my comic books, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back