whathappen? needs advice about what to do next with regardto her life (1 Viewer)

Leave. Being in a job you hate isn't good for your health. If you're worried about your CV then be creative! Say you were temping. Or if you've a friend/relative in a managerial position get them to give you a reference.

I had about a hundred jobs in 5 years cos I either got bored or plain hated them. I got creative with my CV and now I've been a fairly cushy job for the past 5 years. Good pay, good holidays. Seriously, don't stick in a job you hate just cos you're worried about how a CV will look, you'll only look back in a few years and wonder why you wasted so much time being miserable.

Good luck!

i see no prob with leaving a job after no time, sure, they'd fire you if they had to. wouldn't they. it's like animals.. they's eat us. survival of the fittest is what it's about. or is it? hum. you've given me much to think about sensai.

What would future employers consider good excuses for leaving a job after a few months? Examples please :).
the palce didn't match my ambition.

i was too much of a perfectionist.

there was a smell of rotting meat aroound the gaff.

i kept sexually harrasing the secretaries

it was affiliated with the nazi party

etc

What would future employers consider good excuses for leaving a job after a few months? Examples please :).
I find telling them that your previous job was great and all but that this new job is just the most amazing thing ever and exactly what you've been looking for and you'd be perfectly suited to it etc etc usually works.

Well, the last job I left before my probation was up it was a semi-complicated situation.

I was initially hired to assist the IT department and act as assistant to the CEO's PA. After about 3 months the new head of the Finance Department tried to force me to move to his department. For a while I worked for Finance, IT and Central Admin (which was the compromise agreed) but he wasn't happy with that and was still trying to force a total move - so I resigned.

I got a new, much better, job within 2 days of my resignation. My new boss, the Head of an IT Department, liked the fact that I wasn't willing to leave the IT Dept in the lurch even for more money.

I think you should follow your gut!

If the 2nd job is where you want to be then go for it – at the end of the day you need to satisfy yourself and through that you will get your 50/50 balance. 50 % of your life dedicated to work and the other 50 to your life.

Re explaining the change – tell them that this is what you want and know that you grow with it. You saw the opportunity to get it so you decided to apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back