What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

Jon Brooks - Shapwick

Picked this up yesterday evening and I've already given it three plays. Going to pick up the new Advisory Circle record today. I love Ghost Box
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, looking forward to that Advisory Circle alright. As The Crow Flies gets a regular spin. Ghost Box have put out some cracking stuff over the years.

Yeah, looking forward to that Advisory Circle alright. As The Crow Flies gets a regular spin. Ghost Box have put out some cracking stuff over the years.

I gave it a listen on the Ghost Box site last night. On first listen I'd give it top marks! It's my Christmas day record for this year

Jon Brooks - Shapwick

Picked this up yesterday evening and I've already given it three plays. Going to pick up the new Advisory Circle record today. I love Ghost Box

great album. pick up the recent LP, 52? really good. after a good few spins at this stage, think I prefer Shapwick slightly. sweet packaging for both releases. as is the case with all clay pipe music releases really.

also got that advisory circle coming to me in the post. Actually only delved into them recently. top drawer stuff. the previous LPs are a bit expensive to pick up but not completely ridiculous.

Have you listened to the soundcarriers recent album also on ghost box? also sweet stuff. after months of listening to it on spotify I let it slide and its now sold out from all retailers as far as I can see. still available 2nd hand at reasonable prices though

by the way, any shops in Dublin stocking that Soundcarriers LP do any of ye know off hand?

147167.jpg

great album. pick up the recent LP, 52? really good. after a good few spins at this stage, think I prefer Shapwick slightly. sweet packaging for both releases. as is the case with all clay pipe music releases really.

also got that advisory circle coming to me in the post. Actually only delved into them recently. top drawer stuff. the previous LPs are a bit expensive to pick up but not completely ridiculous.

Have you listened to the soundcarriers recent album also on ghost box? also sweet stuff. after months of listening to it on spotify I let it slide and its now sold out from all retailers as far as I can see. still available 2nd hand at reasonable prices though

52 is brilliant, but I missed out on the record. I am tempted by a print of a hare on Claypipe at the moment though.

hare_2.jpg

Ordered The Advisory Circle record from Norman, I missed out on Soundcarriers too as I left it a little too long to pick up after spending a substantial amount on a few new Pye Corner Audio records and cassettes.

I don't know of anywhere in Dublin that stocks Ghostbox. I think a day trip to Belbury is probably in order.

Currently listening to the latest Lost Brothers. Great album

I just wish they wouldn't refer to themselves as "The Losties". It makes my skin crawl

This is wonderful album. You could probably order it (at premium price) in Tower.

cheers. but nah. have it on my wantlist on discogs. one or two cropped up face value recently over in UK. didn't buy it but will hopefully be others floating around in near future

This is great too

the new ulaan passerine - "byzantium crow". excellent scratchy drones. highly recommended.

The Omega man soundtrack
Escape from new york soundtrack
Ariel Pink - Pom Pom. The new one. I really like this. As with most double albums there are a few weak tracks (Goth Bomb, Negativ Ed, Sexual Athletics, Jell-o) but overall there's plenty of inventive oddball pop weirdness.
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today. I love this album. It's now in my top 10.

Last edited:
The Omega man soundtrack
Escape from new york soundtrack
Ariel Pink - Pom Pom. The new one. I really like this. As with most double albums there are a few weak tracks (Goth Bomb, Negativ Ed, Sexual Athletics, Jell-o) but overall there's plenty of inventive oddball pop weirdness.
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today. I love this album. It's now in my top 10.
Haunted graffiti before today? Fucking great album. Pretty much only thing I have heard from him. If you like that, have you listened to the Cleaners From Venus? Got a few of their first few albums reissued on captured tracks in last couple of years. If you like that AP album, you'll like these ones. Must check out more A Pink myself

I love this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back