What you been listening to this week? (3 Viewers)

Oh God, upon finishing, relistening and replaying a few songs for a third time, I am in love with this album from start to finish.

I super like the last two songs, the Shangri-las and Disney ones specifically.

It's a little bland here and there but I like the instrumentation. I assume she didn't have a horn and string section with her at Whelans.

i love it

backing music reminds me of candi staton and carole king

edit: apart from the disney song
Have you listened to the Matthew E. White? He seems to have orchestrated a lot of this and his songs are kinda similar; His Big Inner mini-album thing would be up your street if you like this i'd say...

Big Inner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

actually it also sounds quite like the Mynabirds first album, who were going for that southern soul sound

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

been waiting for them to come to upstairs at Whelans for fucking years now :/

Myles Manley's eps/record. He doesn't look too healthy in this video.

Myles Manley's eps/record. He doesn't look too healthy in this video.

This is great, listening to the album now.

Other recent listening...

Hiroshi Yoshimura - Music For Nine Post Cards
Mohammad Reza Shajarian - Saze Khamoosh
Minimal Man - Sex With God
Pauline Oliveros - Crone Music
Smegma - Mirage
Keith Jarrett - Invocations
Keiji Haino - Black Blues (acoustic)
Caroliner - I'm Armed With Quarts of Blood
Joseph Hammer - Albany/Philadelphia
Cassiber - A Face We All Know
Born Heller - Born Heller
Keiji Haino, Jim O'Rourke, Oren Ambarchi - Tea Time for Those Determined to Completely Exhaust Every Bit of This Body They've Been Given

I'm four listens into the John Carpenter album since yesterday evening and the record arrived in the post this morning. It's just getting it's first spin now. I have to say I really love this.

Managed to pick this up for a couple of quid:

Sly-highonyou.jpg

fairly obscure Sly Stone album. Half of the Family Stone are playing on it so there's no real difference between it and the two "and the family stone" albums either side of it.

There's good songs in there somewhere but they're mainly hidden behind uninspired (if well played) arrangements and recordings.

Managed to pick this up for a couple of quid:

Sly-highonyou.jpg

fairly obscure Sly Stone album. Half of the Family Stone are playing on it so there's no real difference between it and the two "and the family stone" albums either side of it.

There's good songs in there somewhere but they're mainly hidden behind uninspired (if well played) arrangements and recordings.

Glad to hear he got $5 million back off his crook agents and lawyers. Apparently he'd been living in a caravan for the last few years.

Glad to hear he got $5 million back off his crook agents and lawyers. Apparently he'd been living in a caravan for the last few years.
I think the story is even weirder, as far as I know his caravan is parked outside his actual house and he lives in the caravan by choice rather than financial necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back