what was your oxegen highlight?? (1 Viewer)

Ian said:
Highlight of my weekend was discovering how good the film Waking the Dead is after hearing it was crap
That and the dozing in the sun listening to medulla

waking the dead, that's the one about the tired ambulance people innit?

whay didn't you answer your phone you pwick?

My Oxegen highlight was my mate dropping into the house on the way home from it yesterday evening as I hadn't seen anyone all day. Kinda glad to hear Bright Eyes didn't play as he was only one of 2 acts on the bill that I hadn't seen that I was interested in seeing so I sold my ticket on friday. Apparently Interpol played a stormer though, they got the "ole"s from the crowd.

g-stereotypical said:
my friend sparking off a 200 person riot in campsite A
and then stealing all the fire extinguishers from the securities patrol car before lighting many a fire.
scary stuff.

got a bit weird alright.

friday as always was the best piss up.

i'd a great time much much better than i'd ever expected, i went down thinking the line up was shite but on saturday saw great sets from biffy clyro, qotsa, 66e, yourcodenameis:milo, bloc party and the prodigy... was really looking forward to seeing bloc party and despite a bit of tech problems i thought they were fantastic, the prodigy's old stuff off your face is sooooo good.

sunday was way too hot for me, hangover and sun just equals sunburn.... sore sunburn. thought the longcut were great as were the futureheads, was a bit let down by death from above 1979 and doves and sfa to finish... supoib.

4 hours home on a bus this morning. horrible.

saw lots of bands, but Interpol were amazing. seriously amazing.
futureheads were great too, good fun to watch.
longcut were good, i'd never heard of them.
uh... fair play to the 66e lads too.

DFA79 were kinda a let down, they didn't really do any of the sythy stuff on the records...

i thought bloc party were only ok, the sound was shit.
actually the sound was shit for most of it.
you'd think for such a expensive festival you be able to hear the guitars.

its a pity about the prices, the food and the lineup thing, but apart from that i had a great time.

music is great... :)

band_main_mainline.jpg

Saw last bit of their set in the new band tent.

Jangly.

QOTSA were arse - it's like, if a thief steals your money, and he's charismatic while he's at it, then it's kinda not sooo bad. But if he's just a crap, charmless thief then it's woefully annoying. And QOTSA were charmless. Greenday, on the other hand, worked for their money. They were Fagan to QOTSA's Nick Leeson.

Missed 66e! Jaysus. Smiled, waved, and said hello to two of them on separate occasions - blissfully ignorant I was. Fair play.

aye, the interpol set was a good un, as was futureheads, just for pure sunshine happy giggle time larks. go team were a good laugh despite my dislike of them. super furries were cool, rodrigo y gabriela were great, crowd was fucking amazing for them, i was side stage and it was just unbeliveable, thousands outside the green tent trying to see them or just get away from keane. either way, a good time was had by all.

eoinbox said:
rodrigo y gabriela were great, crowd was fucking amazing for them, i was side stage and it was just unbeliveable, thousands outside the green tent trying to see them or just get away from keane. either way, a good time was had by all.

Escaping from bands is a wonderful festival thing. At oxygen two years ago i was watching some band that was boring me to tears(kings of leon possible) so i turned to leave only to see glen hansard's face on the screen at the side of the main stage. I stayed with the kings of leon.

Highlight was definitely meeting friends in the calcutta shantytown that are those campshites, then leaving to stay in the luxury campsite that is the car park.

That and leaving early, beating all the traffic and getting home to a cool glass of lime juice!!

Gotta say, as crap as I thought it might turn out I really enjoyed Oxegen this year. Didnt go to see Interpol becasue I've seen them before so I caught Mylo instead. Absolutely loved it!

Was at LCD Soundsystem whilst the Magic Numbers were on, again I've seen them before so I wasn't too disappointed at having to skip them but I heard the roar from the crowd right at the end of the set and was delighted that a group who seem to be so utterly genuine are doiung so well. Perfect sunshine pop for the day that was in it :)

James Brown was also fantastic so I'd be hard pushed to name one act as a highlight but I can give you a definite lowlight-no bins in the camp site is pure madness. People sink to an all time low at these events.

swingkid said:
seeing new order do joy division songs these days is embarrasing!!!
did anyone see them on jools holland a few weeks ago?
yikes...
carcrash
I agree they shouldn't do it, but LWTUA was brilliant at Hyde Park, the drums at the start sounded HUGE. They played a terrible version of She's lost control though.

i think Oxegen is the new Slane..

its no longer bout whos good & will be around to Tour their album, but mostly now about THEE weekend to rip-off stupid people who come to see the shitty fashionable bands. SFA on the New-Stage?
not allowed umbrellas?
Only Heinekin on sale?
not one bin in sight in the festival, within 2 hrs of the gates been opened i was kicking plastic cups everywhere.
Arena Security confiscated an eigth of spliff (- was it really worth it, the cuntz)

tickets for Oxegen 2006 on sale on Friday.... Clearly their out to fuck us in the ass.

thank god i didnt pay in.

at the risk of being a Hypocrite....roll-on Electric Picnic, which actually has a great line-up

True...I agree, a couple of better bands but all in all it's not that great. My 17 year old cousin went with all his mates- know what i mean????

ernesto said:
i think Oxegen is the new Slane..

I'm sorry I didn't go.

Last year wasn't bad, but the weather sucked.

This weekend was mostly spent in the garden, working and reading. And watching various documentaries I had taped. Jimmy Conners, Supermarkets throughout the ages, Release of the state papers 1974, Inky Fingers The NME Story and the Gram Parsons one.

Saw some very impressive stuff on the new band stage Sunday. The Editors, Death From Above 1979, The Longcut, Magic Numbers and SFA..all very good.

The Killers were ok if you like that kind of thing but the sound was crap. Same for Doves.

Interpol my fave of the weekend for sure, ya,.|..|
The only two reasons I would have gone on Saturday would be to see Interpol and Bright Eyes..its a funny old world...one very sureal day.

nonemoreblack said:
Saw some very impressive stuff on the new band stage Sunday. The Editors, Death From Above 1979, The Longcut, Magic Numbers and SFA..all very good.

The Killers were ok if you like that kind of thing but the sound was crap. Same for Doves.

Interpol my fave of the weekend for sure, ya,.|..|
The only two reasons I would have gone on Saturday would be to see Interpol and Bright Eyes..its a funny old world...one very sureal day.

congrats! I hear it took a few songs for people to realise it wasn't Bright Eyes....obviously not the hardcare fans. :rolleyes:

fucking quality weekend. highlights of saturday we're watching interpol from the side of the stage (oh yeah motherfuckers) and raving it up to the likes of frankie goes to hollywood til half seven in the morning at the dj setup in campsite A (A10 i think) and then trying to get back to my own tent in fucking B11 - fucking marco poloesque trek.
was so impressed with the futurehead on sunday. then spent most of the eveing in dance tent checking out death in vegas, lcd soundsystem and then ended up staying for deep dish. anyone else see that fucking nutcase that climb up the scaffolding onto the roof of the dance tent. and it was a big ass tent as well.
saw a bit of new order and doves. new order played transmission :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back