what was your oxegen highlight?? (2 Viewers)

I love that new band SFA.

nonemoreblack said:
Saw some very impressive stuff on the new band stage Sunday. The Editors, Death From Above 1979, The Longcut, Magic Numbers and SFA..all very good.

glad to hear that i wasnt the only one to appreciate the longcut on new band stage sunday...

i seriously thought they were the business...i love sisters of mercy- and i thought there were similarities (i guess use of drum machine) and the low repetitive bass

if you go onto their website http://www.thelongcut.com/
you get three free downloads.
very 'heres our sample cd' quality, but better than nowt.

agree with what someone said about magic numbers being genuine band- was pure gorgeous to see a band so enjoying playing to an audience who were loving them play...
same goes for the la's and embrace in the green tent- they seemed to get a real kick out of the crowd appreciation- and that always makes for a better gig.

.|..|

FancyGoods said:
g-stereotypical said:
my friend sparking off a 200 person riot in campsite A
and then stealing all the fire extinguishers from the securities patrol car before lighting many a fire./QUOTE]

is your friend from waterford by any chance?

nope. he's a dub..
but he said he met a like minded fire-starter..
possibly from waterford?

Didnt go or anything but a friend played me some of the longcuts tunes last week and I thought they were great.
lady lucan said:
glad to hear that i wasnt the only one to appreciate the longcut on new band stage sunday...

i seriously thought they were the business...i love sisters of mercy- and i thought there were similarities (i guess use of drum machine) and the low repetitive bass

agree with what someone said about magic numbers being genuine band- was pure gorgeous to see a band so enjoying playing to an audience who were loving them play...
same goes for the la's and embrace in the green tent- they seemed to get a real kick out of the crowd appreciation- and that always makes for a better gig.

.|..|

apparentally sum chap bought a load of laxitives off sumone there and thought they were sumthing else.... wink wink nudge nudge, drank himself silly n fell asleep in the tent.... n completely destroyed his clothes and the inside of the tent... the other lads sharing the tent were lucky enough to b off partisapating in sum other illegal activitys... i didnt goto oxegen tho.. i wasnt arsed, i went camping in enniskerry instead.

Kastrosama said:
apparentally sum chap bought a load of laxitives off sumone there and thought they were sumthing else.... wink wink nudge nudge, drank himself silly n fell asleep in the tent.... n completely destroyed his clothes and the inside of the tent... the other lads sharing the tent were lucky enough to b off partisapating in sum other illegal activitys... i didnt goto oxegen tho.. i wasnt arsed, i went camping in enniskerry instead.

Also apparently...numerous cars and tents (yes tents) were burned out in one of the carparks. Fuckin hell. I thought it was bad that someone slung a black sack of empty cans and a wine bottle under one of my tyres (which i didn't spot in the dark). But having it burnt out? Good grief.

The tent burnings may not have been malicious. At reading a few years back i woke up, climbed out of my tent looked at the tent belonging to some folks who were camping near us an pointed out that it was on fire. They'd done it themselves, as had many many people at that festival - though the stove gas cannisters were a bad idea (the explosion was pretty). The people who tipped over the portaloos the night before and set them on fire were only doing a public service.

bohs punks said:
my highlight was not going to this rip off corporate 10 euro to find out the running list event- is thumped an independent music resource or ?????

the money you saved you can now spend on soap, deodorant and shampoo. go wild.

what ive heard of the longcut. ie their last single, is deadly.

lady lucan said:

.|..|

highlights were *Futureheads
*Eagles Of Death Metal (great chick drummer)
*Magic Numbers(the nicest people on earth,bumped into main guy after,he was all about the set and how they would have loved to play longer)
*Brendan Benson
*Bloc Party
*James Brown

LOWLIGHTS:
*Bright Eyes Cancelling
*The amount of scum i had to look at.
*Eating only fruit for the weekend cos unable to bring myself to anything else.

Highlights
Interpol
Kerbdog
The Futureheads
The Magic Numbers
The bloke from Bloc Party saying it had been 2 months since they'd played in the UK and then being meet by 20,000 people booing him, very Spinal Tap-esque
Bright eyes cancelling
Semi nude ladyeez

Lowlights
Bright eyes cancelling
Sun burn
The sound during The Doves.
Being asked about 13 times if I was selling pills during LCD soundsystem ( can't a man in a sleeveless top not stand by himself at the back of a dance tent without being hassaled anymore!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back