what was your oxegen highlight?? (2 Viewers)

bohs punks said:
my highlight was not going to this rip off corporate 10 euro to find out the running list event- is thumped an independent music resource or ?????
right on

highlights: dozing for 4 hours saturday evening after a long day's shopping, then playing GTA:SA until about 4am, then watching about 7 episodes of Law & Order : Criminal Intent back to back on sunday afternoon.

aoboa said:
Does anyone else think Kasabian sound like a cross between Oasis and U2 but with no songs????

Not really.
Campag Velocet gone pop.
Punk Paste - What a movement! Them and the lo fidelity allstars, god bless 1998

my friend sparking off a 200 person riot in campsite A
and then stealing all the fire extinguishers from the securities patrol car before lighting many a fire.
scary stuff.
that and futureheads..

Seeing the NME hacks rant on about how mindblowing Kasabian were on the Glastonbury coverage made me remember why I hate most British indie music (post 1993).

The highlight of my weekend was doing productive, domesticated things like repotting house plants and finally finishing assembling my flatpack drawers, although when we got round to it, we couldn't make any sense of the instructions and I'd already thrown out some important parts, so we just hammered in lots of nails with my brand new hammer.

well i got the responses i expected from thumped...
fair enough.

this is an independent music board- but in fairness not all the threads on thumped are discussions on the independent music scene. The oxegen festival for all its faults (and there are plenty) and although mcd run, does offer so much live music over the weekend.. it should be ok to have a thread to discuss if there were any decent bands there...

i thought new order playing joy divisions 'shes lost control' was brilliant, and it was good to hear 'love will tear us apart' and 'blue monday'- since ive never heard these live.
also hearing echo and the bunnymen sing the killing moon and dancing horses live was great.
Was also good to see new bands who played really good sets like the longcut and magic numbers...

oxegen- not everyones cup of tea- but for me, who goes to loads of dublin gigs, i loved it.

:D ;)

!ironyyy

g-stereotypical said:
my friend sparking off a 200 person riot in campsite A
and then stealing all the fire extinguishers from the securities patrol car before lighting many a fire./QUOTE]

is your friend from waterford by any chance?

Highlight of my weekend was discovering how good the film Waking the Dead is after hearing it was crap
That and the dozing in the sun listening to medulla

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back