What was the 1st ever vinyl/cd you bought? (1 Viewer)

Niall I owned that Days in Europe, I assume u had the original cover b4 it was withdrawn due to it having been used by the Nazis.

btw derepped u for the Terry Wogan song, not cos it's Terry but the song!
nah janer it was the other cover - and I was 10 when Floral Dance was bought for me, I prefered Chas and Dave, Matchstick Men but didn't get that till later

First 7" I ever owned was Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy" (thanks Ma and Pa Bastard). The first 7" I ever bought was Nerdlinger's "Roadkill Stew". The first tape I ever bought was "Now That's What I Call Music 42", but when I opened the box it was a copy of Meatloaf's "Bat Out of Hell". The first CD I ever bought was either Metallica's "black" album or the Babylon Zoo album...I'm fairly sure it was the Babylon Zoo album :rolleyes:

nah janer it was the other cover - and I was 10 when Floral Dance was bought for me, I prefered Chas and Dave, Matchstick Men but didn't get that till later

Withdrawn cover

Re-issued cover

Also Niall you know the track The Olympian was also a free flexi disc on the cover of Smash Hits.........

Was quite a good album.........Yankee dollar album version not as good as the future single version.

Then again The Clash White Riot album version was far better than the single version.

Odd the way I have a poxy memory but I can remember all the stories about my record collection :eek:

I prefered Chas and Dave, Matchstick Men but didn't get that till later

Do you mean Brian and Michaels, Matchstalk men?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not that it matters or anything

:)

I'm still trying to remember the first vinyl or cds I bought.

I reckon vinyl wise it was probably daughter 12" by Pearl Jam or Recipe for Hate by Bad Religion.

First 7" I'm pretty sure was something on two tone.

Tapes after Serious Fun would've been Micheal Jackson Bad and a Roxy Music Best of.

Jaysis. I used to love that record once, a long long time ago. Fuckin awful buh.

I bought a Mel and Kim tape off Fionn across the road in 1986 for 10p. First music purchase I remember.

I haven't listened to it in a long time but in my head I have it down as their last decent album.

My sixth sense is tingling. You might be right Janer.

First ever LP I bought was Split Vision by Subhumans in 1994/5.
Can't remember for the life of me what the first cd I bought was. The whole era of cds as novel is really hazy.

previous to LPs, I had collected shit loads of cassettes, mainly stuff recorded over in my cousins houses.
First LPs were;
Zenatta y mondatta - the police
madness - one step beyond

still have em both!

tape : the best dance album in the world ever
cd : prodigy, music for the jilted generation
vinyl: brawl, gulag and fleas and lice/bleeding rectum split (i had never heard any of these bands i just thought the names were cool and it was total fluke that they were in good vibrations)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back