What type of god do you belive in (1 Viewer)

What type of God do you believe in?

• Typical Christian type God

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • None

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Nature or some other hippy thing

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Mysterious God with unknown motives, possibly a prick

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • no idea \ don't care

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cthulhu

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
chickenham said:
What freakin priest college did HE graduate from?

dunno. ah he's dead on really. i once saw him glance at a womans cleavage whist giving her communion.

My word for today:

Sacrosanct.

zod-god.jpg

kneel before Zod

Brian Conniffe - were you being serious? Sometimes when I'm stoned I think "Everything that anyone can imagine exists" and I'm kinda right ... but even in that state I realise that the word "exists" in this context mean something different to when it's in a context like "iron exists"

Y'know?

egg_ said:
Brian Conniffe - were you being serious? Sometimes when I'm stoned I think "Everything that anyone can imagine exists" and I'm kinda right ... but even in that state I realise that the word "exists" in this context mean something different to when it's in a context like "iron exists"

Y'know?

I think it's 42.

egg_ said:

Y'know?

Had this argument with the boyfriend the other night while very stoned and concluded that "Something has to first exist before it's existence can be refuted." Total stoner talk, but I think my reasoning was that existing in theory still constitutes existing. Descartes has a theory that the reason the human mind can comprehend the notion of a supreme being is because they were created by one.

Zeelander said:
Had this argument with the boyfriend the other night while very stoned and concluded that "Something has to first exist before it's existence can be refuted." .

Thats part of the genius logic that is the irrefutable proof that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a viable spiritual belief.It works too.

ICUH8N said:
Complete with 45 Degree angle arrow of Doom
this reminds me... when the zod dudes came over they gave us a load of stickers of the zod logo (complete with cool arrow). it so happens that 'zod' is my mum's initials, so i gave her a sticker. she picked it up, upside-down, and said "'poz' - what does that mean?"

Hugs not drugs.

Also: I have seen the Flying Spaghetti Monster Bathmat. It is amazing.

Zeelander said:
Descartes has a theory that the reason the human mind can comprehend the notion of a supreme being is because they were created by one.
another take would be that the reason the human mind can comprehend the notion of a supreme being is because it has been evolutionarily advantageous to have the notion of religious faith hardwired into the brain.

Freuds theory was that religion stems from someones experience as a vunerable baby, completely dependant on its parents. A baby will always regard its parents as all powerful and will always love and protect them. He correlates that with an adults relationship with god.

He loved children, Freud.

chickenham said:
If this forum has taught us nothing else, surely we must remember this:

Religion is bad
Music is good.

It's very simple.

awww shit. where do these guys fit in? i'm so confused about my [sex/spirit]uality. just add vodka.

Zeelander said:
A reference to his comparability to
002430_00.JPG
?
John D's Top 2 most hated things:
1. People posting the photo of him on a washing line on the internet
2. People suggesting he looks like Sinead O'Connor.

At least it wasn't me this time.

Haha. Thats two for two then.
Nobody tells the bee keeper joke like John D.

While we're on the subject.

A child is sitting at the table one day,doing his religion homework and looking frustrated when his dad comes in.

"Need some help son?" he asks.

"Yeah, he sais. "I need to state ,with examples,the difference between Theoretical and Realistic unstanding."

"No problem" says dad. "Go on into the kitchen and ask your mam if she'd sleep with the milkman if he offered her 2 million euro"

The boy does as he's told and returns to his dad.

"She says of course she would."

"Okay" replies dad. "Now go ask your sister if she's sleep with the Eircom repair man if he offered her another 2 million."

The boy obliges, returning to his dad.

"Yeah she says she would, easy" he informs his dad.

"See now? There you have it," explains the dad: "Theoretically, we're sitting on 4 million euro here, but realistically, we live with two whores."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back