What type of god do you belive in (1 Viewer)

What type of God do you believe in?

• Typical Christian type God

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • None

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Nature or some other hippy thing

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Mysterious God with unknown motives, possibly a prick

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • no idea \ don't care

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cthulhu

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
spiritualtramp said:
The above could be applied to any of the crap that your parents make you do - I was forced to go to bloody ballet, irish dancing brownies and other nonsense.

So. Are you equating the impact of parents instilling Religious beliefs/values in their children (rightly or wrongly) with the impact that Irish Dancing has on them?

*stabs "ignore" button repeatedly

Hell's teeth, woman. Are you simple or something?

ICUH8N said:
So. Are you equating the impact of parents instilling Religious beliefs/values in their children (rightly or wrongly) with the impact that Irish Dancing has on them?

No you fucking sap, they are comparable to going to church as they were all things I didn't like doing and was made to do so.

ICUH8N said:

have to say, i've never agreed with you more

La La said:
have to say, i've never agreed with you more

wd.jpg

oh my god.
i just realised we've all been harping on about something that has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
this is about what god we beLIVE in, not believe in!!!!!!!!!

for the past five years, i've been living inside Krishna, but on the weekends i occupy sacred Oak trees.

I was in hitslikeagirls gaff on saturday and while playing with his deadly dog in the back garden i unknowingly stepping in a load of dog shite and it ended up all over the carpet in his living room. i cleaned it with some wanky moose cleaning stuff but gagged in the process. really bad whiff. sorry man.

edit: oops wrong thread.

Send the kids to the mines and the chimneys and lets see their god help them there. I beleive the signs of the reptile master. Unfortunatly he only appears at 4a.m. after some various recreational imbibing.

If this forum has taught us nothing else, surely we must remember this:

Religion is bad
Music is good.

It's very simple.

spiritualtramp said:
No you fucking sap, they are comparable to going to church as they were all things I didn't like doing and was made to do so.

I bet you were real heavy on the ears as a child.

Went to a 'Pre Baptismal Meeting' last night down the local synagouge in order to charm my little one's way into the catholic faith for her. Was actaully quite interesting; the priests were all dead sound, fully respected all the different opinions going round, and gave really reasonable explanations and histories to the more ridiculous aspects of catholic doctrine.( original sin etc.) It was the housewives and teachers that bored me, they lacked the patience and respect that the priests had; and they read from notes; instead of speaking offhand about thier own interpretations of spirituality. I told them that I have no interest in organised religion anymore; but as a child i found it fascinateing to imagine that there was some huge, bearded superhero fucker wearing a dress and sitting on a cloud somewhere up in the sky. The imagery i saw on the walls and altars at catholic mass as a nipper were pretty much one of the earliest things that got my imaginative side working; and while i still am opposed to quite a lot of aspects of the catholic faith, the imagery and familiarity surrounding it was quite beneficial to me as a child.That hooked them, so i just reeled them in and went back to playing with the nipper.

I was made go to mass till 11/12 years of age. Most of my memories of sundays involve being made laugh out loud by my old man whenever the priest siad 'let us pray' or 'shut up now for jesus' or whatever; or legging it round the choir area, staring down at all the chanting hundreds below me. It was only boring in thoery;because no child likes being made do things they dont want to do, but that does'nt neceessarily have them sitting on a water tower with a .22 by the time they graduate. My nippers getting the introductory package: Baptism, the odd (and i mean odd) trip to mass to see what all the fuss is about; and my own little renditions of only the nicest parts of the catholic faith. Like Donkeys. And Talking Bushes.And moses going surfing with th Phillipinos And grown men wearing dresses and acting all weird like. Then she gets all the other info i have on all the other religions i've read up on (including the Flying Spaghetti Monster ), and will be left with it all to digest and interpret anyway she likes for as long as she wants to.

But i'll be keeping her the hell away from Havens kids, yesssiirrreeeeebob.

if you consider it from gods angle it all becomes clear. If you were god, who would you like to be your followers?

Fat irish paodophiles,Isreali shylock war dogs, Luas intellectuals, Short arsed gadget fruits or Mad beardo plane into the twin towers crashering types with guns, bombs and rocket launchers?

Allah Akbar!

My brother got into a deep religious discussion with a priest after his friends funeral a few years back.

He told me that the conversation started with him saying 'I'm looking for answers father' and ended with the priest saying 'well my idea of heaven is a good episode of minder and a packet of ready salted'

Lefty Frizzell said:
My brother got into a deep religious discussion with a priest after his friends funeral a few years back.

He told me that the conversation started with him saying 'I'm looking for answers father' and ended with the priest saying 'well my idea of heaven is a good episode of minder and a packet of ready salted'

What freakin priest college did HE graduate from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back