What the ?? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 217
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 5
Blackenedflag said:
So it's ok to dress up as nazis at halloween? As long as ya dont mean to be offensive. It's all in good taste really if your just havin a bit of fun? And if someone finds it offensive then they shouldnt be so pc, loik.

yeah because being pc isn't cool anymore i forgot

i wish fancy goods was here to tell the story about the midget who dressed up as hitler at halloween and got beaten up by a bunch of black guys at a bank link. best story ever.
andrew

Blackenedflag said:
So it's ok to dress up as nazis at halloween? As long as ya dont mean to be offensive.

yeah. its also ok to burn out a jewish person's house, as long as its a joke.
you see irony, as I like to call it, is a very obvious thing - and when youre being ironic, people always know.

Here is my friend Rolfe. He'll never be one of them.
rolf.gif

avernus said:
yeah. its also ok to burn out a jewish person's house, as long as its a joke.

That's mad, cos I was reading this big important history book, yeah? And there was all this stuff about the Germans fighting the Russians, and I didn't have a clue who I should be up for! The book said they're both evil regimes, and that you shouldn't ever dress up as a Nazi or a Commie! Lordy, was I confused.

ITalkShite said:
That's mad, cos I was reading this big important history book, yeah? And there was all this stuff about the Germans fighting the Russians, and I didn't have a clue who I should be up for! The book said they're both evil regimes, and that you shouldn't ever dress up as a Nazi or a Commie! Lordy, was I confused.

go figure.

ITalkShite said:
Hey Spuded, are you the one in Easpa Measa that does all the self-righteous preaching-to-the-converted song intros?

Just wondering.

Dickhead.

Oh wait, you're the one who's typical of those other ones that make Ireland such a shite place to live!

stop this right now kids.

nazis are bad (dont know why mac feels the need to mention commies are also bad, so what?)

dressing up as a nazi is insensitive and unecessary, do it if you want but don't expect ppl to think you're band is cool or clever.

spuded said:
yeah but thats your way of seeing things, you look for intentions behind things, but some people would just be immediately shocked and leave. There are people outside this little subgenre we've created that don't 'get' the mentality' behind wearing a swastika for a joke.

If anything, I think it more likely that people outside the punk/hardcore scene would be more likely to accept someone wearing a swastika at Halloween than the people inside the scene.

spuded said:
half the country was in amrs when iron maiden swung a union jack on stage in the point last year, but swastika's are fine?

Interesting question given Ireland's neutrality in WWII.

spuded said:
look yeah are all allowed to have ur opinions im just stating mine.

As far as I can tell no one here is shouting you down.

sharks are magnificent creatures, a shark would have found anne frank like that...

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
i wish fancy goods was here to tell the story about the midget who dressed up as hitler at halloween and got beaten up by a bunch of black guys at a bank link. best story ever.
andrew

so what? a midget couldn't ascribe to a fascist belief just cause he's a midget, that's bollox! How many right wing black metal bands are in eastern europe, in places like romania and the ukraine, the same people hitler would have destroyed in WW2. Same way ya have self hating jews. Just because your a minority doesn't mean u can't be a bigot. And yeah those guys were right to beat up that midget, fuck him

weeler said:
stop this right now kids.

nazis are bad (dont know why mac feels the need to mention commies are also bad, so what?)

My point was that Nazis occupy a specially demonised position, and their trappings seem guaranteed to receive a negative response within the 'scene', whereas symbols of an equally-authoritarian ideology with much more blood on its metaphorical hands seem much more accepted.

mac warzonescum said:
My point was that Nazis occupy a specially demonised position, and their trappings seem guaranteed to receive a negative response within the 'scene', whereas symbols of an equally-authoritarian ideology with much more blood on its metaphorical hands seem much more accepted.

i think thats a fair point

spuded said:
and macwarzone ireland were far from neutral in ww2, we sent thousands of jews away at our ports, back to fuckin camps and to their certain death.

Well Jesus, I'd better make sure I never dress up as an Irish person either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back