What television series are you currently making your way through? (16 Viewers)

season 5 of Queen of the South. I stuck with this series even though there was something a bit off about it cos there's enough there to suck you in.

Season 5 is excellent. Maybe apart from the finale which is grand, but not great.

Started a Spaced rewatch last night.

Seems mad that it wasn't made for modern TVs. Very enjoyable amateurish feel to it, and the quality of the cast and everything shines through. Ah to be young.

That never clicked for me like it was supposed to. I think it might have just been Simon Pegg.
I really liked him back then. Then Hollywood Pegg seemed like a dose. I've gotten over that irritation now.

The show comes across as a great labour of love.

Pegg is annoying in general. He's probably the worst thing about those star trek reboots. He's not too annoying in Mission Impossible, cause there's enough focus on Cruise to usually forget about him.

Pegg is annoying in general. He's probably the worst thing about those star trek reboots. He's not too annoying in Mission Impossible, cause there's enough focus on Cruise to usually forget about him.
He showed a lot more acting chops in Spaced and Big Train than anything he's done in Hollywood. But, you know. The business and all that.

Boardwalk Empire again.
Jaysus the Irish episodes are kinda brutal but it holds up overall pretty well. The way Buscemi tilts his head when he doesn't quite believe or get something is arresting. An embarrassment of riches in terms of supporting as well. Also Kelly MacDonald is a joy to behold, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back