What television series are you currently making your way through? (17 Viewers)

The Ipcress File. Two episodes in and enjoying it . Shamelessly homaging the style and music of the film, not a bad thing. Lot's of skewed angle shots reminiscent of The Third Man. The lead actress is distractingly good looking and too stylish for a spy, and Harry Palmer seems a little too young , but those are minor criticisms.

Watched the first three episodes of Severance tonight. VG so far.
oh this is sooooo good

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Watched the first two episodes of From. Very Stephen King, quite gory... definitely sets out its stall in the first few minutes, that's for sure.

Yep enjoying this

giphy.gif

The Ipcress File. Two episodes in and enjoying it . Shamelessly homaging the style and music of the film, not a bad thing. Lot's of skewed angle shots reminiscent of The Third Man. The lead actress is distractingly good looking and too stylish for a spy, and Harry Palmer seems a little too young , but those are minor criticisms.
Finished this. I enjoyed it but perhaps it was a slight case of style over substance. But I loved the style. I'm not convinced the lead actress can actually act. The rest of the supporting cast was good, particularly Tom Hollander.
There are more Harry Palmer stories so hopefully they'll make another series.

Finished Severance there now, that last episode was just fucking great. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. Sadly, until today I thought there was another episode next week.

I totally didn't get what was going on in this bit, I think I was too excited

https://variety.com/2022/tv/features/severance-season-2-plans-explained-finale-twist-1235226904/ said:
Mark Scout’s (Adam Scott) Innie has discovered Outtie Mark has a supposedly deceased wife named Gemma (Dichen Lachman) — who is really the very much alive Miss Casey — and shouted the news to a roomful of people at Devon (Jen Tullock) and Ricken’s (Michael Chernus) book party.

Watching The Stand (2020). It's got its moments but is a bit shite compared to the 1990s version. Way more gore and the illness effects are kinda ridiculous. Some of the characters are sketched better than in the old series and the soundtrack is way better. It has a load of pop cultural dialogue that seems to be compulsory which is oddly grating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back