What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

I've been watching Trapped, the Icelandic cop show/thriller. Pretty good escapist telly. Great location and deadly winter wear - parkas, hats, jumpers etc, if that's your thing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watched the first episode of 'Love' on Netflix last night. I like Gillian Jacobs a lot, but, I dunno, it left me a bit cold. But, its very much like it was just laying the groundwork for whatever the storylines are gonna be about.

Will stick with it another while anyway.

MASTER OF NONE IS SHITE!!!

I disagree. It is patchy but I thought for example the second episode was very funny and kinda poignant but also sweet. The show is beholden to a lot of other recent "semi-real" comedian-centric comedy shows but at its best it moves away from the outright nastiness that engenders a lot of those other shows.

MASTER OF NONE IS SHITE!!!
I'm inclined to agree, having never seen it.

People seem to really like this kid and they're bending over backwards to say nice things about this show, and struggling to come up with some of the faintest praise you are ever likely to here.
Whereas the one thing no one is saying about it is that it's funny.
Everyone's reaction is basically disguised disappointment.

Maybe I should watch it though.

I'm inclined to agree, having never seen it.

People seem to really like this kid and they're bending over backwards to say nice things about this show, and struggling to come up with some of the faintest praise you are ever likely to here.
Whereas the one thing no one is saying about it is that it's funny.
Everyone's reaction is basically disguised disappointment.

Maybe I should watch it though.

It is in parts very funny but it seems more comedy drama than sitcom really. Saying that I have encountered laugh out loud moments peppered throughout the episodes. But if you don't watch any other episodes do check out episode 2.

Hap and Leonard. Dark comedy thriller based on Joe R Lansdale's books about a white ex con and a gay black Vietnam vet with anger issues who get involved in various schemes and misadventures. Created by Jim Mickle who is one of my favourite new genre directors. Just watched the first episode. Good fun. Can see this being very enjoyable. Similar in tone to Justified.
hap-leonard-poster-sundance.jpeg

I've been watching Trapped, the Icelandic cop show/thriller. Pretty good escapist telly. Great location and deadly winter wear - parkas, hats, jumpers etc, if that's your thing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i nicknamed hjortur 'Icy Pinkman'

img9232preview2300.jpg
thumb.gif

Jane the virgin. Had no interest in this at all, but was stuck for something to watch one evening, and it's brilliant. Ludicrous and nuts, and I don't think I've ever seen a show barrel through plot development as rapidly and neatly. The actress playing Jane is phenomenal.
Really fun.

The Americans S04
About half way into the season.
Tense

Where can I get these mad invisibility wigs that are a mix between an elf's cloak and plastic surgery - you pop one on your head and you're unrecognisable - they're great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back