What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

I never got into P&R, it always felt like a less good version of the US Office. It passed the time while watching it but the characters weren't as good, the humour got a smile and not a laugh, etc. However, much like the US Office, American TV will always tear the arse out of something by pushing it for way too long.

this was terrible in the end. Thy should have called a halt after season 6.
I thought it was a nice coda to the show, I think that was how i was viewing it.

I never got into P&R, it always felt like a less good version of the US Office. It passed the time while watching it but the characters weren't as good, the humour got a smile and not a laugh, etc. However, much like the US Office, American TV will always tear the arse out of something by pushing it for way too long.
If you didn't get at least halfway through season 2 then you didn't watch Parks & Recreation.

Crime Story from 1986

Crimestory.jpg

Dennis Farina stars as a tough talking but loyal and compassionate member of the Major Crimes Unit in the Chicago Police Department circa 1960. It was wildly popular at the time but I only just heard of it. There is a story arc which was unusual for the time as Farina faces against a former street punk turned up and coming mafia don. I am about a quarter of the way through it and am enjoying it although it pales in comparison to many modern crime/mafia/cop shows. I like the juxtaposition of '80sness with the '60s retro stuff.

Crime Story
Crime Story from 1986

View attachment 11145

Dennis Farina stars as a tough talking but loyal and compassionate member of the Major Crimes Unit in the Chicago Police Department circa 1960. It was wildly popular at the time but I only just heard of it. There is a story arc which was unusual for the time as Farina faces against a former street punk turned up and coming mafia don. I am about a quarter of the way through it and am enjoying it although it pales in comparison to many modern crime/mafia/cop shows. I like the juxtaposition of '80sness with the '60s retro stuff.

Pam Grier is in this for added bonus mega points. What a beautiful woman. crimeStory6PamGrier.jpg

Watched the first episode of American Crime Story with Cuba Gooding Jr as OJ Simpson and Ross from Friends as the Kardashian's dad. It's really good, gripping and well acted, but they need to stop moving the bloody camera around. It's doing my nut in.
rs_634x862-151121113347-ACS20S120Vanity20Fair20Ad.jpg

was at a loss for something to watch so had a look at 'friday night lights' (the series, not the movie). I ended up getting well into it. It wouldn't be targetting at my age demographic but I still thought it pretty decent. Its a coming-of-age series, centered around an American football team or 2, and factors in all kinds of social issues.

hadn't heard of it before, other than a throwaway mention of it in an episode of Parks and Rec, whcih is what made me watch it.

That guy Michael B Jordan is in it, as is Jake Plemons.

was at a loss for something to watch so had a look at 'friday night lights' (the series, not the movie). I ended up getting well into it. It wouldn't be targetting at my age demographic but I still thought it pretty decent. Its a coming-of-age series, centered around an American football team or 2, and factors in all kinds of social issues.

hadn't heard of it before, other than a throwaway mention of it in an episode of Parks and Rec, whcih is what made me watch it.

That guy Michael B Jordan is in it, as is Jake Plemons.

A lot of people really love that show.

Yeah, seems to be massive over in the states! I don't think it took off here, except in recent years as people tried to understand what all those references to it are about.

I loved that book.
Went and visited the town and saw a football game when I was in Texas in 2005 or so.

I was all disappointed cos the oil boom had changed the town to a prosperous one. No poverty to gawk at. All shiny new malls and the like. I stayed in the crappiest motel I could find. But it wasn't all that crappy really.

The game was great though. As advertised. Massive crowds. Guys in their 40s still wearing their faded and worn high school jersey. Real Glory Days stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back