What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Second season of Fargo. Two episodes in and it's not great so far, it looks fantastic but the script is very much an Aldi version of the Coens/Tarantino. Quirky for the sake of it, I really hope there's some substance to it soon.

You couldn't be more wrong
In that the first two episodes aren't quirky by numbers? Because it's been fairly predictable so far and the overly self-aware dialogues between characters (like when Danson pulls the lads over in the car and the conversations between Dunst and Todd from Breaking Bad) are like something you'd expect a film student to hand in as an assignment after watching a bunch of films from the 90s. At least the last series had Billy Bob Thornton to get it through the rough patches.

I only really started watching the inbetweeners recently. Some very funny parts in it. Jay has all the best lines. The stupid bloke is good as well.

Watched the first half a dozen episodes of You're the Worst, new-ish US comedy series.. It's decently funny, about two very cynical misanthropic people in L.A. who start a friends-with-benefits relationship that gradually evolves.. Put me in mind a bit of Black Books, if Bernard had met a female version of himself in episode 1 and the show had mostly been about that. I dunno whether the female lead Aya Cash is a better actor or just gets the best lines but she outshines the British male lead a fair bit.

Are there any plans to make TV out of Dust by Hugh Howley? I'd like to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back