What television series are you currently making your way through? (5 Viewers)

I mean part of the joke here is that he is likely to be severely but functioning autistic or Aspergers or one of those, right?

On some level, the show is about a man with a mental illness and a camera crew, yeah?

Nathan Fielder? I just assume that he's the most stone cold deadpan man on earth.

Nathan Fielder? I just assume that he's the most stone cold deadpan man on earth.
I think there's a deliberate move on his part to steer into the curve of awkwardness and to specifically disregard almost all social cues.
It's the latter part that comes off as very spectrum-y.

But he's playing a character, right? It's a fictional version of him
He plays it so tight, you have to think there's something of him in there.
But you don't know.
He never breaks character. This isn't Punk'd or something where a prank is being played. It's presented as himself, so you don't ever see the non-fictionalised version.

Nathan for You is one of the funniest shows Ive ever seen,apparently when he was young he had a hard time reading cues from people,so decided to work that into his comedy.I love when he cant keep his shit together any longer
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fargo & Toast of London are ruling the roost here.
Trevor noah is doing a superb job on Daily show.

Don't get the love for the comic book tv shows. Herself watches a fair few of them. Background noise at best....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back