What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Scandal
and
Madame Secretary.

The both have the same bizarre flaw where completely different tones are shoehorned together. It's like as if they written by teams who don't get to see each others writing and then everything is cut and pasted together in the end.

Madame Secretary:
The home life stuff is pretty much 7th Heaven, everyone does the right thing and doing the right ting will always magically produce the right outcome.
The office stuff is West Wing light - except for the preppy gay assistant who escaped from an episode of Fraiser and the general "banter" which Stephen J Cannell would have thought stilted.
Then there's a murder conspiracy and general espionage slathered all over the top of it.

Scandal
What the fuck am I supposed to think about this? Please someone explain it to me? Olivia Popes superpower appears being constantly on the verge of tears.
The A-Team was more realistic but yet everybody in the cast of Scandal seems to be taking it seriously. Judging by the plot there's no way this isn't a comedy or a Mexican telenovela .... but there they all are emoting away...
I'm genuinely perplexed.

The 100: Got stuck in a Netflix binge yesterday and made good innings on season 1 of this. Dystopian story of earth 3 generations after a nuclear bomb destroyed everything. Mankind (about 2,300 people left) has to live in a bunch of interconnected space stations where resources are now starting to run low. Such is the strict regime of law and order that the smallest infraction results in being 'floated' (i.e. you're fucked out the air lock to smithereens). Those under 18 who committed a crime are put in prison. 100 of these good looking delinquent kids are sent to Earth to see if it's habitable. It's a CW show that reminds me of crap 90's Syfy shows, it's also got one of those opening credits that has to explain the show's main plotline.

Started watching River. Took a while to get into as the pace sways from depressingly slow to quirky fun. I like Stellan Skarsgård as an actor but the oddness of this aging Swedish guy in this role is hard to get past. I have a few more on DVr and will give them a go. Seeing as I'm too late for the party on every other TV ever made.

I watched s1, and then when it came time to watch S02e01 I just decided that I couldn't be arsed.

Have actually dropped a load of shows I only watched because they were a show I watched this season. No more homeland or CSI

S2 of the leftovers is pretty good so far. Not as grim that's for sure.

S2 of the leftovers is pretty good so far. Not as grim that's for sure.
Not as grim? I'm only 3-4 episodes in and it's gruelling (in a good way). That opening scene in the first episode was harrowing. I remember a lot more black humour in S1. That said, I think this season is a lot better.

Not as grim? I'm only 3-4 episodes in and it's gruelling (in a good way). That opening scene in the first episode was harrowing. I remember a lot more black humour in S1. That said, I think this season is a lot better.

I feel like I'm missing loads of subtext and symbolism but it's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back