What television series are you currently making your way through? (13 Viewers)

Community.

The paint ball episode.

Bravo.

Oh and any excuse to post this

46296-alison-brie-gif-zmVl.gif
Second paintball episode.

Alison%20Brie%20(Community)(1).jpg

Again Bravo.

The Newsroom Season 2

Jesus..I'm hanging on by a fingernail..It's dropped some of the more annoying tropes of season one and added whole new ones.

Don and Olivia Munn are the only remaining likeable characters, but this being Sorkin she has to be a stupid ditsy girl at least twice an episode.
Please have Alison Pill's character run over by a bus (perhaps a Sex in The City tour bus!), Jesus what a terrible character.
I give even less of a shit this year about the two central love stories than I did last year, and they were tiresome as hell last year...
Sam Waterstone is great, it's a shame his character is such a paper thin caricature of an old soak newspaperman.

but fuck, I don't think it's worth the struggle.

The Newsroom Season 2

Jesus..I'm hanging on by a fingernail..It's dropped some of the more annoying tropes of season one and added whole new ones.

Don and Olivia Munn are the only remaining likeable characters, but this being Sorkin she has to be a stupid ditsy girl at least twice an episode.
Please have Alison Pill's character run over by a bus (perhaps a Sex in The City tour bus!), Jesus what a terrible character.
I give even less of a shit this year about the two central love stories than I did last year, and they were tiresome as hell last year...
Sam Waterstone is great, it's a shame his character is such a paper thin caricature of an old soak newspaperman.

but fuck, I don't think it's worth the struggle.

Really? I love it. Jeff Daniels is reason enough to watch.

I watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders over the weekend. It wasn't bad. Heavily influenced by US dramas, Boardwalk Emipre in particular. It looked great, they made Birmingham in the 1900s look like a post apocalyptic hellscape and was very well acted. The script was a bit heavy handed in comparison to its US counterparts.
peaky-blinders-cillian-murphy-600-lg.jpg

Just finished S3 of The (US) Killing, which was better than the first two series, only to discover it's been cancelled by AMC.

Peter Sarsgaard was great in it.

If it gets better, let me know.
I'm going to stick with it. The first episode showed a lot of potential. One thing that bugged me was the casting. Now all the actors in it are great, don't get me wrong, but the casting made no sense to me - they got an Irishman to play a Brummie, a Kiwi to play an Nordie and a Brit to play an Irish woman. The accents are all over the place.

Just finished S3 of The (US) Killing, which was better than the first two series, only to discover it's been cancelled by AMC.

After watching the original I & II, I found one episode of the US version completely annoying. I hated the main character. I love Peter Sarsgaard though and I never saw Season three. Should I attempt it?

After watching the original I & II, I found one episode of the US version completely annoying. I hated the main character. I love Peter Sarsgaard though and I never saw Season three. Should I attempt it?

Yeah it would probably work as a standalone series... it ties into stuff from a prior case that's frequently referred to, but not shown, in S1 & S2.

I enjoyed the US version but I've never seen the original so i dunno how it compares, storyline-wise.

mixed emotions here. I heard it had been cancelled but I wasn't aware they'd made a third series (I thought it was cancelled before they got a chance).

I thought the first too series were great. Will grab this over the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back