What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Started re-watching The Sopranos last night. One thing that struck me was how filmic it is compared to current tv shows. The lighting, locations, camerawork are all feature film quality. Also how young James Gandolfini young in the first season. He was only 38 or something when the show debuted. Great stuff altogether.

Started re-watching The Sopranos last night. One thing that struck me was how filmic it is compared to current tv shows. The lighting, locations, camerawork are all feature film quality. Also how young James Gandolfini young in the first season. He was only 38 or something when the show debuted. Great stuff altogether.

I rewatched it all over the past couple of months too. I agree. What struck me about the early episodes was how darkly lit it was.

Approaching it a second time also had an impact on how I viewed the characters, rarely found any of them sympathetic because I was familiar with their character arcs. Except for Paulie Walnuts, the first time I saw it I thought he was a bollocks, thought he was quite sad this time around.

Since the series ended I've spent a bit of time in North Jersey as I have a friend from there. Spotted loads of locations in the show that I've been to.

It really is the creme de la creme. No other show matches it for me in terms of consistent quality.

I get really annoyed when directors put modern pop music in historical films/dramas. They do it loads on this BBC show I'm watching, Peaky Blinders. It totally takes me out of the moment. One minute you're engrossed in this beautifully shot gangster saga set in post WWI Birmingham and suddenly the fucking White Stripes come on the soundtrack and completely ruin the mood the filmmakers have created. It's incredibly jarring.

I get really annoyed when directors put modern pop music in historical films/dramas. They do it loads on this BBC show I'm watching, Peaky Blinders. It totally takes me out of the moment. One minute you're engrossed in this beautifully shot gangster saga set in post WWI Birmingham and suddenly the fucking White Stripes come on the soundtrack and completely ruin the mood the filmmakers have created. It's incredibly jarring.

Is the show any good? My dad has been telling me to watch it.

Is the show any good? My dad has been telling me to watch it.
Yeah it's pretty good. There's a couple of annoying stylistic devices like the music and some annoying/weird framing but it's mostly well shot and cillian murphy is deadly in it. Sam Neill however is a different story. He's a good actor but casting him as a Belfast man was a massive error. His accent is awful. I cringe whenever he speaks.

I've been re-watching Buffy these past few weeks. It's kind of fun filling in all the blanks from ten years ago, 'ah, so that's how they entered the show'

I'm reliving 2010 right now.

@annpost you cared a lot back then

Fringe

Fringe-Joshua-Jackson-2.jpg

It's so dumb. I love it!

I'm stuck into the west wing..

First three episodes of season two...some of the greatest telly I've ever seen...bar none.

This shit is powerful fucking viewing.Even me Da likes it,although he watched it when it was on telly.

Two - Homeland series 1 - instantly hooked.

Elementary series 2 - Has suffered from comparisons to BBC1's Sherlock, but if you don't compare them, it's possible to enjoy them as two really enjoyable, but different, takes on the same bunch of characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back