What television series are you currently making your way through? (13 Viewers)

Anyone started Bojack Horseman? 1 episode in, not sure, a lot of the jokes are cheap and fall flat, even though I love Will Arnott. I did laugh a lot at the fact that penguin publishing was run by actual penguins though. That's my kind of humour.

Anyone started Bojack Horseman? 1 episode in, not sure, a lot of the jokes are cheap and fall flat, even though I love Will Arnott. I did laugh a lot at the fact that penguin publishing was run by actual penguins though. That's my kind of humour.

I watched it after a strong recomendation from a couple of friends who said that it started off slow but got better. I actually thought it was good from the off but lost momentum in the later episodes, but perhaps you'd feel the same way as them. It's very dark for a cartoon.

There's a few nice touches with the anthropomorphised characters, they're not just people who happend to be animals, there's enough of them reacting to things like animals do to make it not just a gimmick.

Also, fuck Mr Peanutbutter.

Anyone watching Transparent? Could be interesting but the ads make it look like every crappy American indie film of the last ten years condensed into one touchy feely indie schmindie TV show. Plaintive folk rock soundtrack – check, cute kids – check, emoting and pain – check, white middle class people and their issues – check. I’d watch anything with Jeffery Tambor in it though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone watching Transparent? Could be interesting but the ads make it look like every crappy American indie film of the last ten years condensed into one touchy feely indie schmindie TV show. Plaintive folk rock soundtrack – check, cute kids – check, emoting and pain – check, white middle class people and their issues – check. I’d watch anything with Jeffery Tambor in it though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm gonna give this a go.

I like the premise - "Well, if you're gonna be you, I'm gonna be me" kinda thing.

I found it very forced - lost interest after about four episodes.

I watched it after a strong recomendation from a couple of friends who said that it started off slow but got better. I actually thought it was good from the off but lost momentum in the later episodes, but perhaps you'd feel the same way as them. It's very dark for a cartoon.

There's a few nice touches with the anthropomorphised characters, they're not just people who happend to be animals, there's enough of them reacting to things like animals do to make it not just a gimmick.

Also, fuck Mr Peanutbutter.

Yeah I fall between both of these, watched a few more episodes and just not overly taken. Love the animation though

A few weeks ago we decided to give breaking bad a go. Yea it's great but we're about 4 episodes into season 5 and it has gone downhill big time. I get the impression that the first 4 series were planned out and now it's just struggling on because someone somewhere is making a load of money.

Also the lads have taken out the IT Crowd box set again and are watching it for the 4th time.

Father Ted, Black Books, Ted and Ralph in the Fast Show, Big Train, The IT Crowd. I would say so, yes.
@7 - No tomorrow is still very proud to have never seen Father Ted. It's a badge of honour.

Graham Linehan is part of the twitter mafia though, along with Caitlin Moran and the like. There's something not quite right about it all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back