What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Are we (thumped) still watching this?

I am but I hate it and hate everyone in it.

Really theres about 3 different types of characters in it. All the male parts are basically the same (except the gay lad maybe). All cynical 'talk-too-much' fuckers. All the women are ditzy fcukers who have inflated opinions of themselve. And all the old people are the exact same.

It an incredibly one-dimensional show. Very, very poor stuff. It was redeemed somewhat by its clever dialog but now even that is becoming tired.

Apart from Adam there is zero character development.

Ugh, its fucking shite.

how has season 3 been going? I stopped watching after 3 episodes but really should get back to it.

I'm at the point where I now consider Mads Mikkelsen to be the best Lector.
Agreed.
The show is good but not great, though. The acting is uneven. The rest of the cast are completely outclassed by Mikkelsen, Fishbourne and Anderson, even though her role is much smaller. Hugh Dancy isn’t very good and I find his scenes a bit boring. The supporting cast are straight out of a CSI show. Hettienne Park is dreadful and Caroline Dhavernas is bland. It really comes alive when Mikkelsen and Fishbourne are on screen together though.

Agreed.
The show is good but not great, though. The acting is uneven. The rest of the cast are completely outclassed by Mikkelsen, Fishbourne and Anderson, even though her role is much smaller. Hugh Dancy isn’t very good and I find his scenes a bit boring. The supporting cast are straight out of a CSI show. Hettienne Park is dreadful and Caroline Dhavernas is bland. It really comes alive when Mikkelsen and Fishbourne are on screen together though.

Mostly fair, but I also think that as a production it's some really high quality stuff, it looks great (except for that crappy thing they do when Graham is going into a criminal's mind) and the sound design on it is amazing, especially when you consider that this is US network TV. The stuff about it that's really great more than compensates for the weaker stuff.

Both of those ladies are on my potential future wife list too.

Agreed.

Gillian?

Mikkelson, who is six foot and physically fit, brings a completely different physicality than Hopkins or Brian Cox. He switches from quietly menacing to full on terrifying like a light going off. It lifts the show out of the ordinary.

See post above:

Walton%20Goggins%20Sons%20of%20Anarchy.jpg

just watched the pilot of The After. Has potential.

Bit surprised that the painfully-Irish Irish character is in fact Welsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back