what should i get? (1 Viewer)

if'n you don't already have 'em:

do make say think: do make say think, this first album is more electro and laid back than their second album

autechre: incunabula or amber, these earlier albums are alot less hectic and more melodic than the later stuff

orbital: insides, their most organic offering

delgados: the great eastern, low get happy

beta band: hot shots 2, cleaner and more focused than their earlier stuff (which I actually like better but you gotta have the three ep's? shame on you if you don't)

plaid: double figure, much better than any of their earlier stuff, not a million miles away from boards of canada crossed with insides era orbital

super furry animals: rings around the world, their best album since the first, possibly their best album full stop (although i lurrve the b-sides album)

boards of canada: music has the right to children and also the in a beautiful place out in the country e.p., loverly organic electro shtuff or ambient techno or whatever you wanna call it

Conor (30 Jan, 2002 02:11 p.m.):

do make say think: do make say think, this first album is more electro and laid back than their second album

autechre: incunabula or amber, these earlier albums are alot less hectic and more melodic than the later stuff

beta band: hot shots 2, cleaner and more focused than their earlier stuff (which I actually like better but you gotta have the three ep's? shame on you if you don't)

plaid: double figure, much better than any of their earlier stuff, not a million miles away from boards of canada crossed with insides era orbital

super furry animals: rings around the world, their best album since the first, possibly their best album full stop (although i lurrve the b-sides album)

boards of canada: music has the right to children and also the in a beautiful place out in the country e.p., loverly organic electro shtuff or ambient techno or whatever you wanna call it

re. autechre, theres a gescom 40 min ep on skam which seems to be like a set of outtakes from chiastic slide, but its quite nice too, a little dark, but not as highly tweaked as recent offerings. listening to it last night i felt great nostalgia for that period.

you know theres a new boc album coming out?

"Amber" is still my favourite Autechre album - it's the loveliest, even if it's more linear than nearly everything else by them. (Too much twitch-fetishization around at the moment if you ask me.)

Also, check out the first Autechre Peel Sessions record. One whole side of it is taken up by a tune (the name of which escapes me) that ressembles a spacecraft about the size of Louth descending slowly on an enormous field of crickets, hovering there for a while, then ascending again slowly into the night.

It would make great Bar-Mitzvah music, I feel. Or Confirmation music -depending on your God.

herv (30 Jan, 2002 02:45 p.m.):
Conor (30 Jan, 2002 02:11 p.m.):

re. autechre, theres a gescom 40 min ep on skam which seems to be like a set of outtakes from chiastic slide, but its quite nice too, a little dark, but not as highly tweaked as recent offerings. listening to it last night i felt great nostalgia for that period.

you know theres a new boc album coming out?

"Drane" is the name. When reviewing the 12" for the Bubblebath I said "could have been their 'Born Slippy' ".

It wasn't.

Anne O'Malley (30 Jan, 2002 04:51 p.m.):
Also, check out the first Autechre Peel Sessions record. One whole side of it is taken up by a tune (the name of which escapes me) that ressembles a spacecraft about the size of Louth descending slowly on an enormous field of crickets, hovering there for a while, then ascending again slowly into the night.

It would make great Bar-Mitzvah music, I feel. Or Confirmation music -depending on your God.

Anything by Sublime. I promice you won't regret it. Can't wait for the gig in Parnell Moonies on Thursday. Theres a feckin awesome band playing. Saw em last week in Galway. Can't remember what they're called but they blew me away.

Cya.

Gar

BOARDS OF CANADA -A CLASSIC
THIRTEEN FLOOR ELEVATORS-FIRST ALBUM
SPACEMEN 3 - ANYTHING BY THESE GUYS, PRE-SPIRITUALIZED
MILES DAVIS - IN A SILENT WAY (FOR THAT WOW! FACTOR)

MY BLOODY VALENTINE-LOVELESS (ONLY £10!!)
YOU GOTTA GET JANES ADDICTION-ANY OF THEIR ALBUMS-(ONLY £10 AGAIN!!)
DJ SHADOW - INTRODUCING....A MASTERPIECE

A complete derangement of the senses!!!Thats what this is!!
What about those records you`d like/kill to have, but can`t get hold of???!!!???
Mine`would be Motown Junk-Manics single

Well, Introducing..You can`t go wrong - its kinda cinematic album, cool beats,hard to describe. It cost around 20 quid to buy so i did`nt bother for ages..but when i heard it at a mates place...i made that giant step--its excellent, really.

Am i whispering???
Any one know where to get early manics singles, at reasonable prices??

nlgbbbblth (30 Jan, 2002 07:41 p.m.):
"Drane" is the name. When reviewing the 12" for the Bubblebath I said "could have been their 'Born Slippy' ".

It wasn't.

Anne O'Malley (30 Jan, 2002 04:51 p.m.):

hah! thats who you are. oh, eh anyway, no that ep is keynell. drane on the other hand is fantastic, those throbbing strings. gah..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back