What records did you listen to today? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
  • Watchers 25
This Ridiculous album
Modernism_A_New_Decade_album.jpg

This EXPENSIVE boxset

200px-Moodswings_And_Roundabouts.jpg

and this forgotten gem
c54188u5r32.jpg

Skid Row-34 hours lp
Nightmare-scatterraw lp
T Rex-tanx lp
Ratos De Porao-crucificados pelo sistema lp
Black Sabbath-heaven and hell lp
Madam Germen-invocation a morte cd

Zeni Geva/X-Rated-X-split 7"
Artimus Pyle-cold cold earth 7"
Beastie Boys-polly wog stew ep 7"
Kjertil Del Brondo Group-7"
Negative Gain-back from the dead lp
Awesome Color-lp
Black Sabbath-live at least lp
The Subhumans-death was too kind 12"

that song atlas by battles is bloody amazing. i never thought id ever like battles.

more dipping into the mammoth 24 hour throbbing gristle live set:

irc11.jpg

starts out very very slow, with a powerful extended performance of the menacing "e-coli" before building up and up into an intense and heavy rhythmic climax, then winding down with one of the first appearences of the looped recording of a compulsive metal-swallower talking about attempting to injest a spoon handle and the chain of a sink plug, surely one of the most bizarre vocal samples i have ever heard. the gig finally escalates into the now ubequitous "wall of sound". a very thoughtful, methodical performance.

irc17.jpg

this one pretty much encaptulates everything i love about tg: seemly random samples of different voices from diverse sources, improvised noise fed through the "gristleiser" (chris carter's hand-made effects unit), pulsating rhythms and unique synthesiser work. a lot of different style are covered: from abrasive textures to spaceous soundscapes. also includes the first ever (and in my opinion the very best) version of the song "persuasion", which appears here in a far more menacing and disturbing form to its later, more light-hearted renditions.

irc24.jpg

this is basically a performance of the whole "heathen earth" album set. however, it is by far the most sonically violent and abrasive, and also the most sexually inclined in theme. the looped vocals during the version of "the old man smiled" on here are almost unbearably hard to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back