What not to wear. (4 Viewers)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjiIRvpHaos&feature=related"]YouTube - combat 84 - skinhead[/ame]
I may not be allowed to their gigs, but Combat84 are excellent.

woah woah woah...it`s really surprising me that the "wearing of a shirt"(as some of you put it) is making waves some thousands kilometres away from where we canceled the show...somehow i have the impression that it had an impact (we didn't want to teach a lesson, though), eventhough you think it doesn't matter want kind of shirts people wear.
and somehow i get the feeling that many of you think that cancelling a gig is much much worse then promoting rasict and facist shite. strange world - strange scene...
to make one thing clear again. it was not about the look of one`s t-shirt or that we didn't like the band, which this guy was wearing a shirt of. It was about wearing and promoting the most-know NSBM-Band and about promoting the racist/nazi-propaganda of Varg Vikernes. There`s not much difference between a band Screwdriver and a band Burzum. Just because they don`t have explicit Nazi-Lyrics, it`s not makes them no better at all, when they (or better just him) is promoting is racist ideology...

I think that's a good argument to ban Germans from gigs.
They may not explicitly have nazi ideas, but you can't deny that there is a very strong
history between the nazis and Germany.
Unless a German is wearing anti-nazi tshirts I think it's safe to say they're fash.

edit: Same goes for any Israelis not wearing anti-Jewish/pro-Palestinian tshirts.

I think that's a good argument to ban Germans from gigs.
They may not explicitly have nazi ideas, but you can't deny that there is a very strong
link between the nazis and Germany.
Unless a German is wearing anti-nazi tshirts I think it's safe to say they're fash.

edit: Same goes for any Israelis not wearing anti-Jewish/pro-Palestinian tshirts.

haha, i almost got the head kicked off me in germany a few months back for commiting the crime of having a shaved head, all black clothes and no antifa or other "right on" patches badges etc

GEGEN RECHTSEXTREMUS
GEGEN REASONABLE ARGUMENT

explain?
so we should all just quietly except the bullshit we see? be without opinions
and turn a blind eye or else your a ponce. your words of wisdom impress me none.
Not so much that we should accept the bullshit but maybe just ignore it and get on with our lives. To let a tshirt offend you to the point that you have to stop doing something is actually pathetic. If the guy wearing the tshirt was deliberatley promoting fascism (which is fairly unlikely),then given the situation he was in, it would seem that he was doing it for attention. Perhaps ignoring him would have been more effective, it would certainly make one's cause seem less petty.

teaching someone a lesson? they have a right to play or to not play to whoever they like weather thats people in burzum shirts or people in yellow raincoats.
did you read his post about the reaction of the people there?or see the reaction of some people on here not everyone shares your opinion.
yeah i did and i hope you noticed that I didn't walk on the thread when I saw that there were people here with different opinions to me.

not everyone has the same experience of fascism as you im sure dundrum isn't over run with neo nazis might make it easier to not care.
LOL

funny for someone talking about people with such sweeping generalisations and superiority should also talk about arrogance.
fascism seems appealing to you?yet you call me stupid.
get back to me when you figure out how to structure a cohesive arguement. this one doesn't make any sense.

to make one thing clear again. it was not about the look of one`s t-shirt or that we didn't like the band, which this guy was wearing a shirt of. It was about wearing and promoting the most-know NSBM-Band and about promoting the racist/nazi-propaganda of Varg Vikernes. There`s not much difference between a band Screwdriver and a band Burzum. Just because they don`t have explicit Nazi-Lyrics, it`s not makes them no better at all, when they (or better just him) is promoting is racist ideology...

That's bollocks mate, a band tshirt promotes the band, not the beliefs of the members.

byrnoes said:
so which one of ye is going to be the next Taoiseach then?
I'm planning on running for Party Taoiseach with an ethnic twist.
Think lemongrass and soya bean beer cocktail and you're nearly there.

kleft said:
That's bollocks mate, a band tshirt promotes the band, not the beliefs of the members.
When you've been listening to punk for over 10 years you learn to appreciate the more
metalogical aspects of rabid anti-ideology ideologies and other forms of bullshit.

I used to wear an 'I LOVE CHILD LABOUR' tshirt, but I was delighted to find that
I could get away with just wearing a pair of Nike socks.
They mean exactly the same thing.
Quality result. Thanks punk logic!

not if the band is an expicit political band as burzum is. And Burzum is Varg Vikernes, it's a one-man-band and he is promoting his ideology on his/burzum`s webpage. Oh, i am so sick of people writing bullshit on message board without even going into the issue at all.

Not so much that we should accept the bullshit but maybe just ignore it and get on with our lives.

amounts to the same thing!

get back to me when you figure out how to structure a cohesive arguement. this one doesn't make any sense.

jesus you didn't understand and i kept it simple for you....as "people so are fundamentally stupid" or are you so arrogant to think you're above "people"

Not so much that we should accept the bullshit but maybe just ignore it and get on with our lives.
nice understanding of anti-fascism - to just close your eyes...
To let a tshirt offend you to the point that you have to stop doing something is actually pathetic. If the guy wearing the tshirt was deliberatley promoting fascism (which is fairly unlikely),then given the situation he was in, it would seem that he was doing it for attention.
oh, you have been in gijon at that gig and you have spoken to this guy??? that you can say what purpose was behind it....Bullocks!

I used to wear an 'I LOVE CHILD LABOUR' tshirt, but I was delighted to find that
I could get away with just wearing a pair of Nike socks.
They mean exactly the same thing.
Quality result. Thanks punk logic!

ah now oly make up your mind first you don't think people should get shit for what they wear then your dissapointed you don't/didn't.....ill have to vote for ian now.... your to unreliable on the big issues like fashion.

some quotes from the BURZUM-Website:
I think the metal culture is nigger culture, in the sense that the traditional metal people look like, behave like and think like a bunch of "white niggers". It's (at least often) an extremely primitive, unintelligent and pointless subculture, like all rock'n'roll subcultures are. I too listened to metal music, but I never behaved like a nigger just because of that, and I don't understand what the point with this metal subculture is. Smoking pot or getting drunk, sleeping around and giving each other venereal diseases, partying all the time, going to concerts to meet other vacuum-heads, and so forth.
What are your thoughts on the Negroid race?

Well, let's not waste any time thinking about the Negro races.
I have nothing positive to say about modern women. So where do I start? If we take modern women first, I think it is sad to see how - pardon my French - fucked up modern female culture has become. Today the role of mother is looked down upon and being a "housewife" is an insult to many modern women. This is seen as part of the "male enslavement" of women. To stay home with the children is seen as a nightmare and a burden. Instead they get an education (usually some theoretical nonsense) and do as best they can to become like men. They work like men, dress like men, try to think like men, talk like men and act like men (and some of them even look like men). Since most of the smart women are busy getting an education, the generally more stupid women get most of the children, and as a result of that the whole species is getting dumber - as the average intelligence drops when the stupid women have most of the children.

Cooking too is looked upon with contempt. A (female and American) friend of mine pointed at the fact that women in the USA are actually more likely to slap a man's face if he asks her to cook dinner than for demanding a blowjob on their first date, and I think that says it well. All the "liberation" of women has done is to cause women to replace all the positive characteristics of women with the negative characteristics of men.

I have met Norwegian men who have had girlfriends who didn't even know how to mix lemonade or boil an egg - and note the past form of the verb, have had girlfriends, as they obviously didn't bother to stay with them. The beauty of the women lured the men to them, but they had no other qualities, so they didn't manage to hold onto their men.

The modern women can no longer cook, they no longer want children and they are no longer warm, tidy and loving creatures who think spending time with their family is a good thing. They are probably too "independent" and "strong" to even have a family of their own. The only thing modern women have to offer men today is sex. So instead of being loving housewives who cook and raise children, they are reduced to being sexual objects only - and they are so messed up emotionally and intellectually that they often spend most of the money they make on their jobs on plastic surgery, cosmetics and tons of clothes they think will make them look good, in a desperate attempt to stay or become more attractive. Well, they have no other qualities attractive to men, so what else can we expect? This is the fruit of feminism. The fruit of "women's liberation".

A truly smart woman will understand that being a housewife, raising children and cooking is not demeaning. They perform a task that is extremely important for the whole kin, tribe and nation, and nobody else can do it. Men certainly cannot! Women are equipped with a womb and breasts for a reason. That is just how nature works, whether we like it or not. It is not demeaning for a woman to be a woman. Everybody should understand that, even hateful, self-loathing feminists.

I have consulted with my chief of staff over my position on this subject.
We have come to the following conclusion about what I think.

I feel that something must be done about people who wear black metal tshirts to a punk gig.
Are they lost? Are they having a laugh? Maybe they're deaf and they're lip reading the chords.
I agree, Burzum=Nazis=Not welcome at gigs.
But I suggest we take this to a logical and sensible conclusion.

Soccer shirts=Capitalism=Not welcome at gigs
Footwear that is not hand carved clogs=Exploitation=Not welcome at gigs
Germans/Israelis/Brits/Yanks=FASH FASH FASH=Not welcome at gigs
Ace Of Base at parties=Your man is a nazi=You've gotta leave

VOTE OLY 2012!

"I have met Norwegian men who have had girlfriends who didn't even know how to mix lemonade or boil an egg"

Pretty sure my girlfriend can do both of these, will it still be possible for me to see punk gigs? Wait, I'm getting confused now

I

Soccer shirts=Capitalism=Not welcome at gigs
unless its fan owned etc so bohs and st pauli ok then.

I Footwear that is not hand carved clogs=Exploitation=Not welcome at gigs
unless they're veggie shoes made in wales. giving jobs to ex miners of course.

Germans/Israelis/Brits/Yanks=FASH FASH FASH=Not welcome at gigs

well amercians elected obama so they can't be racist.
germans didn't know what was happing they were just getting on with their lives apparently its what one should do in these situations.

the others can stay out unless they have a good distro with them then they can come in.

Ace Of Base at parties=Your man is a nazi=You've gotta leave
dam straight!

but sure im going to vote ian for the good work he is doing for the single mothers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back