What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

casandra's dream. definitely the worst of woody allen's english attempts. the acting itself was grand (even colin farrell), but half way in the story died. it could have been a nice short.

Charlie Wilson's War - enjoyed this. Couldn't figure out all the "It's like Dallas, but set in Washington DC" references until i saw who wrote it...

Goal II - shit. Beckham being heroicised: so very cynical.

Immortal - interesting. Combined CGI and live action in a most incongruous way. Very evident that it was taken from a graphic novel, and managed to retain the look of it (apparently the director is the guy who did the comic). Narrative-wise, weak, as most graphic novels tend to be (that's right, tell me one that isn't, geekazoidz!), but still good enough if you like sci-fi.

I went to see All About Eve at the IFI last night. I've seen it before, but never on the big screen. What an amazing film. Possibly my favourite ever. Bette Davis is fantastic and the script is like lightning. Everyone go see it. Pscychotic No.2, you in particular.

I second this. I knew there was something up with naive young women in general. Fantastic film.

insanely awful.

the-meaning-of-life-thumb.jpg

Charlie Wilson's War - enjoyed this. Couldn't figure out all the "It's like Dallas, but set in Washington DC" references until i saw who wrote it...

Saw this tonight.
Really enjoyed it despite a few Team America moments :)

Watched Atomement.
First time seeing it since I saw it in the cinema - enjoyed it.
There are a few bits I didnt like - there is a backward replaying of him being taken off in the cop car which was irritating - an a couple of other OTT flourishes - but everything else was spot on - especially the start in the house.

Then I sat down and watched The Fog of War for what must be the 20th time. I'm fascinated by it - but it's also a very very sad film. The Philip Glass soundtrack is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back