What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

the ladykillers. dark and brilliant from beginning to end.

Ladykillers1.jpg

I haven't seen Planet Terror yet but I enjoyed Death Proof. A bit too long though - shame they were split.

It reminded me of watching films as a kid in the Olympia balroom in Kilkee - the scratchy shund and jumpy cuts and all that.

I watched the extended versions, I think. They may have worked better in their cutdown states. There was way too much filler between the good bits.

On the holidayz:
Bottle Rocket (great)
Persepolis (quite good)
You, The Living (New Roy Andersson movie, not as good as songs from the second floor but god)
When the Road Bends: Tales of a Gypsy Caravan (great documentary of a tour in states by fanfare ciocarlia, taraf de haidouks, maharaja etc)

"i'm not there". the first half hour or so of this was quite good, however it all collapses into a pile of pretentious shit: especially dismal is a sequence in which a british interviewer who dares to question the almighty genius of dylan is haunted by his own reflection.
for those like myself who want a further cinematic emetic, we are later treated to sped-up footage of flowers growing during a scene in which dylan works at a typewriter, so we dont have to strain our braincells in grasping that he is "creating".
best thing about this film is the wonderful acting by marcus carl franklin and cate blanchett. bale is very disappointing however, and gere is as insipid as ever.
finally, its at least 40 minutes too long and the synchronisation of the storylines fails to work and strikes me as extremely contrived.
overall impression is that bob dylan is a boring wanker.

Fido.

"Lying somewhere between PLEASANTVILLE and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, FIDO is a zombie buddy pic/love story set in a picture-perfect, technicolored 1950s suburb. With the world still recovering from a zombie war that broke out several decades prior, the town of Willard has found a way to keep the peace. The world beyond the gates may be overrun by zombies, but fortunately a huge corporation called ZomCom has managed to domesticate the undead, turning them into faithful servants of the human race."

Boy gets Billy Connolly as a Zombie as a pet.
Good idea. Mildly amusing. Pretty boring at times though.

Overall, meh.

3 10 to Yuma
Very Good
Slightly Bewildering, esp Russell Crowes character - I think I'll have to watch it again.
A little less buddy movie comeradie between Crowe and Bale would have been an improvement.

That confiderate dude with the beard and the eyes was chilling.

perfume! gosh, it does more than just adapt the book - turning scent into images like the book turned it into words. the sets are amazing too, especially the paris bits.

3 10 to Yuma
Very Good
Slightly Bewildering, esp Russell Crowes character - I think I'll have to watch it again.
A little less buddy movie comeradie between Crowe and Bale would have been an improvement.

That confiderate dude with the beard and the eyes was chilling.

I really enjoyed that film, strange though, it seemed a bit unsure as to what it was but in a .... good way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back