What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Yeah, poor little dave mustane, "they fooled me into doing heroin, which is why i had to go through rehab 15 times". The way he talks is unsettling too. Can't put my finger on it.

this one?
B00004Y3WH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

punkrock!

I know I shouldn't laugh but the opening scene with the dog and the baby gets me every time. This is a classic! I haven't seen it in years.

Pretty much confined to the house for the weekend (due to gout) - so I had a marathon of films/world of Warcraft..

Here's what I saw:

deathproof.jpg

Enjoyable but overly long with too many irrelevant bits. Couple of nice gruesome deaths - some decent characters and a good OST..Not as much fun as it should have been though..

Wrong_Turn_2-_04.jpg

Wrong Turn 2 - the first one was very average so I was suprised how good this was..Henry Rollins versus deformed Rednecks - can't go wrong. The usual stereo types get butcher again but with extra gore and a pretty break neck plot pacing. I recommend this if you don't expect too much (and like me) your IQ and waist size are kinda similar....

holdghost.jpg

More proof of my penchant for High Brow art...I really dunno whats wrong but this shit still makes me LOL..This is one of the earlier (and Better) Abbott and Costello. Complete Scooby doo plot - some great dialogue and an excellent (non-PC) version of Me and my shadow by Ted Lewis. I have Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (their best film) lined up for later.

293015ee9.jpg

Very main stream fluff inspired by Hitchcocks rear window (or if you're like me the episode of Simpsons where bart breaks his leg)..Pretty typicla and predictable but to be honest I still kinda enjoyed it..

51VAT58X91L._AA240_.jpg

Worth watch if only to see Mr Pleasence role as a Bit o' da Blarney, Irish priest..Made in greece with a mostly Greek cast, so it plays more like a Euro horror than anything by hammer..Worth wacthing if only for the main cast.

8954.jpg

UFC 75 - Not a film but man that Cro Cop result..

black-sheep-poster-1.jpg

Ahh - THE VIOLENCE OF THE LAMBS - Excellent kiwi horror about Zombie sheep. Funny, gorey and very wooly. Real Ol' School Peter Jackson and not a hobbit in site....

LOL - i think i got about 4 hours sleep all weekend.

Leave Her to Heaven. John Stahl mid 40s, not the Douglas Sirk one. It had one of the chilliest scenes I've seen in any American film.

went to see death sentence last night.
it is seriously the best film that has ever been made and i say that without a hint of irony in my voice. he drives a car through a truck and his quest for vengence breaks it clean in half for christs sakes!.|..|.|..|.|..|

Last Life in the Universe

A mysterious, obsessive-compulsive, suicidal Japanese man living in Bangkok, Thailand, is thrown together with a Thai woman through a tragic chain of events.

really good.

Oceans 13 - enjoyable. Much better than the last one anyway... that's not really saying much though.

Once - this was way better than I'd expected. There sure are a lot of loooong song singing scenes in it though.

this weekend:

For Your Consideration. I thought this was amusing and not half as bad as I was lead to believe. Fred Willard is a funny guy.

The Apartment - one of my favourite movies ever. Shirley McClane :heart:

Shortbus - absolutely brilliant movie. Highly recommended.

28 Weeks Later. Was annoyed they put loads of american actors in, some very cheesy lines and that helicopter scene was a bit "ah for fuck sake", but overall i liked it. The zombies are so well done.

this weekend:

Shortbus - absolutely brilliant movie. Highly recommended.

I saw Shortbus at the IFI in the afternoon. I was one of two females there and most were middle aged men on their own. Oddly reading the newspaper before the beginning. I was throughly entertained by people watching even before the film began. It was interesting, to say the least. Some dubious acting but more true (in ways) than most films these days.

Watched Closer last night because it was the only thing on TV. Well worth it for Clive Owen, "Now fuck off and die!" I like when things are believable and honest and that scene was that, if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back