What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Just watched The Green Mile. Don't know why I've never seen it before. It was really, really good. Great characters.

Fillums adapted from Stephen King books can be so hit and miss - a miss being either the book was crap in the first place or the film was done on the cheap. This was absolutely great. I love Mr Jangles!

No movies, but I watched a 1993 episode of Law & Order. No computers seen or mentioned, cops using payphones. Class.

B0000BWVL4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bizarre!! anyone else like it/confused by it?

phantasm%20(dvd).jpg

great soundtrack:)

the box set for this was only 20euro in hmv before christmas
first one is awesome and then they just get progressively shitter

last night i watched the wicker man and my dvd died..
i think i've worn it out
i have it on at least once or twice a week, even just in the background when i'm doing other stuff
can that happen with dvds??

I was all excited yesterday when a package of region 1 dvds arrived. Alas, my dvd player in Dublin was not compatiable.

So I stuck on 'eight men out'. I hadn't seen it in a few years. Quite the cast. You get a real sense of baseball, but it's strength is in it's morally conflicted performances, particularily from Cusack (in probably his first really good dramatic part) and Strathairn.

the box set for this was only 20euro in hmv before christmas
first one is awesome and then they just get progressively shitter

last night i watched the wicker man and my dvd died..
i think i've worn it out
i have it on at least once or twice a week, even just in the background when i'm doing other stuff
can that happen with dvds??

never heard of that before. Does it look ok?

DVD-Rs have a life of 7 years according to some report I read on the net.
VHS tapes, 28 years.

Was at Dark Book the other night - wee bit dissappointed.
It is a very good film but

1. Way too long

2. Very successful at first in presenting quite a complex moral point of view with good and bad on both the Nazi and resistance side. But about 2/3 of the way through turns into a fairly tedious (and pretty ham fisted) "who done it?" with all your attention focused on finding a particular traitor with the usual highly predicable "unexpected twist" i know its hard to end films some times but felt it was a slightly easy way out....

Great central performance by the lady whose name I can't spell and am too lazy to look up!

krossie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back