What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Time for a nose job and a bottle of peroxide I think... or maybe just a time machine. I think I was born 3 decades late.

Not movies but watched loads of 'Masters of Horror' this week.
Pretty silly overall but the John Carpenter episode is quality.

best film Iv seen in the last while was Nic Roegs "Dont look now"
It scared the shit out of me.
I fucking loved it.
Can anyone recommend any more of his?

Walkabout - two young kids stranded in the Aussie outback have to learn to survive. Jenny Agutter stars.

Performance - one of the best ever, gangster world meets rock star world. Mick Jagger, James Fox, Anita Pallenberg. Trippy. Great soundtrack.

Bad Timing - fucked up tale of sexual obsession. Art Garfunkel and Theresa Russell are the mismatched couple. Harvey Keitel plays a detective. Not sure if it's available but turns up on television the odd time.

The Man Who Fell To Earth - David Bowie plays a loving alien.

Walkabout - two young kids stranded in the Aussie outback have to learn to survive. Jenny Agutter stars.

Performance - one of the best ever, gangster world meets rock star world. Mick Jagger, James Fox, Anita Pallenberg. Trippy. Great soundtrack.

Bad Timing - fucked up tale of sexual obsession. Art Garfunkel and Theresa Russell are the mismatched couple. Harvey Keitel plays a detective. Not sure if it's available but turns up on television the odd time.

Thanks very much,ill be sure to check them out.Have you seen Insignificance or Eureka?Keen to see them after Jim O Rourke naming albums after Those two and bad timing

Thanks very much,ill be sure to check them out.Have you seen Insignificance or Eureka?Keen to see them after Jim O Rourke naming albums after Those two and bad timing

Have seen Insignificance only once (a long while ago) and it's a hard one to get the head around. Mostly set in a hotel room, 1950s setting. Einstein, McCarthy, Munroe, and DiMaggio.
Must have a look out for it again.

The four I mentioned above have been watched a few times and are amongst my favourite movies.

roeg's "eureka" is great, well worth seeing.

Eureka is insane in the membrane! It's not wilfully wierd but it's so frustrating in the way it veers from being brilliant to hammy from scene to scene and sometimes in the same scene!!
Every time I've seen it I've been left with a different emotion-usually frustration...but what a cast eh? Surely Rutger Hauer's finest hour.

Two Deaths is another Roeg film worth checking out. Michael Gambon innit.
Looking forward to his new film which was filmed over here last year.

It's odd how such a visionary director fell off the radar in the Eighties and Nineties.

last king of scotland. powerfull story/performances, brilliant. truely deserves all the praize being bestowed upon it.

flags of our fathers.
very good indeed, loved the fact that it was based around such a simple and seemingly mundane task.
some of the war scenes were incredible but i felt it rambled near the end.
respect to clint though.
looking forward to the new one from the other sides perspective.

Yes. But more importantly Rip Torn is a sassy wonder.

Anyway, I went to see 'Old Joy' on Friday. Will Oldham is such an odd presence. I think it could have been longer, it felt way too short. But I liked it. Yo la Tengo's score was lovely and the scenery was even lovelier. Good last scene.

Then 'Nashville' yesterday. Second time seeing it in a cinema. The acting is hilarious. The driver played by David Arkin is some ticket. The only problem is there too much Keith Carradine - Always a problem in Altman/ Rudolph films. And I think it's Barbara Harris (?) - when she gets up and sings at the end it makes the film for me.

Last night -
t11424fvogm.jpg

One of my dad's favourite films. It's pretty funny. Probably one of the few times Liotta has been used well.

Watched 90% of Spellbound last night, great movie/doc. I had seen it before but must watch the whole thing again before it goes back.

I think big words - small kids some it up very well.

Spellbound.cover.jpg

last night:
league of extraordinary gentlemen - meh, passed the time. average hokum
battle royale II - pete informed me that IMDB gave this 4.6, i would give it 4.5. nice digital gore, boring otherwise
shaolin soccer - fucking deadly. strongly agree etc

today:
apocolypto - had expected good things after all the praise here, very enjoyable though nowhere near as brutal as i had thought, the violence in pans labrynith was far more intense. the two main plot devices/twists (rescues) were lame though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back