What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

darkwaterpubl.jpg

there she is
:wolfwhistles:

and Gorillas I love the...er is it some trumpet or something in that soundtrack?? I only relaly like the instrumental bits, great film though.

the pusher- danish drama about a selfish,small time drugs dealer who get's into debt and a lot of trouble with his supplier very quickly. quite realistic and gritty. will have to watch the two other film in that series.

Open Season. A lot better than i was expecting, and a pretty good Paul Westerberg score too.

Babysitting isn't so bad.

On thursday I watched 'Mr. Jealousy', Noah Baumbach's second film. Way back in '97. It's very enjoyable, and has some laugh out loud gems, but it hard to rub off the term witty festival fodder. Yeah, it's one of those...Last night 'Barcelona', Whit Stillman's second film. Exceptional comedy. Any film with Chris Eigeman is more than likely worth watching (he was in both of these), but 'Barcelona' is really good film-making. Stillman is kind of like the flipside of Linklater - he focuses on upwardly mobile or yuppie types, but his characters' concerns dwell in the same existential terrain. Unlike Linklater, he made a great follow-up to his debut and seems to have made the film he wanted to make (unlike Linklater who conceded a lot to studio bullshit whilst making 'Dazed and Confused'.)

Brick

Really, really interesting and a bit of an unusual combination of things. Loved how it looked and sounded. I like it when people try something. Sistar Ray at the end is excellent.

not in a film mood, have been watching series 6 (5 if you are a yank) of "family guy": all pretty weak so far, apart from episodes one and eight, which are solid gold. "this morning, meg made me eat the hair out of her pie".

saw the war zone on tv there late friday night/early sat morning. well harsh, very brutal in places. then black book(zwartboek) early sat morning. supprisingly good,given some of Paul verhoeven's previous films. very well made, and acted. all in all, good films1,sleep0

just finished the very touching

musa1.jpg

(superb performances by all, particularly Junior Singo who plays the lead role). i'd highly recommend it - lovely story of friendship and also aims to highlight the problem of AIDS.

earlier I watched

pl_fycn2046567602.jpg

which features some of the best choreagraphed fight scenes i have ever seen. they're beautifully executed and the cinematography is wonderful. the sets are breathtaking and zhang ziyi shines as usual. highly recommended.

trailer here: try and ignore the "movie trailer voice" dude as the film is in mandarin - also this movie blows crouching tiger outta the water i think :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched the greatest movie of all time on Friday and I'm gonna watch it again now.

Full_metal_jacket.jpg

fullmetaljacketpyletoilet.jpg

two nights ago night i watched this:
sweet%20lowdown.jpg

was good, pity Sean Penn clearly can't play guitar

and last night i watched this:
Dig!_Cover.jpg

was good, i just ended up hating the singer of the Brain jonestown massacre but really wanting to buy all their albums

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back