What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

saw repulsion by roman polanski the other night. it was monochromtastic and actually quite unsettling.
also saw capote, thought it was very good. made me want to read in cold blood again.
that is all

Serenity - great film. I had watched the full series of Firefly though, so I knew what it was all about. Still very good.
The Corpse Bride - some good moments. Not great overall though.

aoboa said:
Serenity - great film. I had watched the full series of Firefly though, so I knew what it was all about. Still very good.
The Corpse Bride - some good moments. Not great overall though.

the girlfriend is always ranting about firefly, is it really any cop? Bear in mind Im not a huge sci-fi fan

JohnnyRaz said:
the girlfriend is always ranting about firefly, is it really any cop? Bear in mind Im not a huge sci-fi fan

It's pretty much a western set in space.
Kinda like if Han Solo was the main charactor in Star Wars and it was all about him.

Dutchy said:
moiderball.

very good & funny.

That was great.. yer man Zupan was incredible. I mean.. he actually seemed worried that his friend was depressed after the eejit drove while drunk into a tree, firing the sleeping zupan out of the back and into a river, where he spent 13 hours with a broken neck cos yer man never even realised he was there!!

Quite life-affirming too, in a non-touchy feely way. The guys in the team certainly didn't seem the types to sit and worry about being quadriplegic. The practical jokes were class..

Lord of War - Dunno why everyone was so down on this film. It's a bit silly but it watchable.
Swans (a long slow screw) - Have this for ages but only got around to watching it last night. It's a concert from around 86 I think. Needless to say it's amazing.

aoboa said:
great sense of humour in that movie.
Remember, if anything happens to me, or you don't hear from me within the hour... you take this ship and you come and you rescue me.
anyway, watched Derailed last night, a so-so clive owen / jennifer aniston "thriller". Was alright, but bit predictable. A bit too long, with not very much happening at all for about the first 40 minutes.

then watched The Interpreter. meh. waaaay too long.

watched wake up ron burgandy, a movie compiled with all the out takes and unused plots from anchorman, very weak compared to the legend of ron burgandy which was in fact legendary.
biggest laugh of the night went to ron's exclamation "spiderman's balls, that hurt!"

Leaving Las Vegas
I've probably seen it half a dozen times, but jesus, I'd forgotten how difficult it is to watch. Best monologue ever, too.

Ben said:
Maybe if you drank bourbon with me, it would help.

Maybe if you kissed me and I could taste the sting in your mouth it would help.

If you drank bourbon with me naked.

If you smelled of bourbon as you fucked me, it would help.

It would increase my esteem for you.

If you poured bourbon onto your naked body and said to me...

"drink this".

If you spread your legs and you had bourbon dripping from your breasts and your pussy and said...

"drink here"

then I could fall in love with you.

Because then I would have a purpose.

To clean you up and that, that would prove that I'm worth something.

I'd lick you clean so that you could go away and fuck someone else.

ICUH8N said:
Leaving Las Vegas
I've probably seen it half a dozen times, but jesus, I'd forgotten how difficult it is to watch. Best monologue ever, too.

probably the last good performance from nic cage...tho the soundtrack is awful cheezy lounge jazz.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back