What movie did you watch last night? (20 Viewers)

rewatched la haine, haven't seen it since it came out in the cinema, brilliant stuff. totally forgot the ending too so had to rewind it. deadly..|..|
off to see walk the line now or derailed (vincent cassell buzz)

Watched Crash last night. The LA racial tensions movie with guns and car crashes, as opposed to the James Spader fuckfest-in-a-speeding-car movie. Really enjoyed it.

Followed that up with The Guru. Horrendous. Bollywood's abortive attempt to drag American audiences kicking and screaming and dancing and wailing into their clutches. Still, at least the firemen get to make out at the end.

The james spader fuckfest-in-a-speeding car version is great.
mmm JG Ballard. If only they'd managed to work Jeremy Irons in there somehow.

la la - no lie - tonight i will watch the mc hammer story. it's amazing what y'can find ex-rental in a chartbusters in crumlin for a fiver

cpr said:
rewatched la haine, haven't seen it since it came out in the cinema, brilliant stuff. totally forgot the ending too so had to rewind it. deadly..|..|
off to see walk the line now or derailed (vincent cassell buzz)

he's an incredible actor isn't he? he's usually type-cast in non-french films as a thug, which he does very well (i actually really enjoyed "birthday girl"), but in "la haine" and "irreversible" he shows an incredible range. in the latter he acts through perhaps every possible emotion.

ICUH8N said:
The james spader fuckfest-in-a-speeding car version is great.
mmm JG Ballard. If only they'd managed to work Jeremy Irons in there somehow.

that film really irritated me to be honest. really enjoyed the book though.

his adaptation of "naked lunch" was especially dire.

Brian Conniffe said:
he's an incredible actor isn't he? he's usually type-cast in non-french films as a thug, which he does very well (i actually really enjoyed "birthday girl"), but in "la haine" and "irreversible" he shows an incredible range. in the latter he acts through perhaps every possible emotion.
If only he could disguise the french accent, he would be a great Joker for the next Batman movie.

Brian Conniffe said:
his adaptation of "naked lunch" was especially dire.

haven't seen the movie, but the book is pretty dire too. wasn't really gone on the whole mish-mash of unconnected drug-crazed sex-crazed ramblings when i read if the first time, then i read junkie, realised that was his style, re-read naked lunch, and realised that i just didn't like his stuff very much.

watched 90% ultra-depressing movie The Weatherman, which was rather good, but for some reason this didn't go down well as suitable Valentine's Day fare so we then had to watch Wimbledon.

fucking Wimbledon. fuck.sake.

pete said:
watched 90% ultra-depressing movie The Weatherman, which was rather good, but for some reason this didn't go down well as suitable Valentine's Day fare so we then had to watch Wimbledon.

fucking Wimbledon. fuck.sake.

movie blurb said:
A Chicago weather man (Cage), separated from his wife and children, debates whether professional and personal success are mutually exclusive.

what in shite were you thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back