What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

FancyGoods said:
big lebowski

first time Ive seen it.

DUDE
This Chinaman who peed on my rug, I
can't go give him a bill so what the
fuck are you talking about?

WALTER
What the fuck are you talking about?!
This Chinaman is not the issue! I'm
talking about drawing a line in the
sand, Dude. Across this line you do
not, uh--and also, Dude, Chinaman is
not the preferred, uh. . . Asian-
American. Please.

DUDE
Walter, this is not a guy who built
the rail- roads, here, this is a guy
who peed on my--

WALTER
What the fuck are you--

DUDE
Walter, he peed on my rug--

DONNY
He peed on the Dude's rug--

WALTER
YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT! This
Chinaman is not the issue, Dude.

haaahaaaaa
John Goodman is soooo cool..|..|

Watched three movies from Educational Archives - More Sex And Drugs.
This is another yet another deadly DVD from a cool series.
Good summary page here

B0000E32Y3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Drugs Are Like That - from 1979. Uses lego blocks and a stern narrative to warn about drugs.

The Innocent Party - directed by Herk 'Carnival Of Souls' Hervey, late 1950s about the shame for a young couple when they both get syphillis.

Keep Off The Grass - 1970 approx. Tom's mother discovers a marijuana joint in his room. When his parents confront him, Tom denies being a 'dope fiend'. Despite his dad's admonitions about the dangers of pot, one of which is 'an uncontrollable feeling of hilarity,' Tom still doesn't buy it, and decides to find out for himself what pot's effects are. Priceless.

check out the dude who collects this stuff - his name is Skip Elsheimer - www.avgeeks.com

Dutchy said:
fucking amal (show me love) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0150662/

good nice happy teenage laserbeam :heart: story.

Saw this the other week too. Really enjoyed it. The two lead actresses were good i thought.

Watched Some Kind Of Monster the other night. Worth renting it just to hear Jason Newstead call them "homos" over the phone :D .|..| :D .|..|

Also Kirk Hammet is comic gold!!!

Black knight is now added to my worse films of all time. It is so horrendous, so so so so very very bad

the assassanation of richard nixon. after a slow and slightly dull ,it picks up and is quite good. overall 6/10

Was sick yesterday so had a whole day of movie watching...

the postman..0/10 worst film ever, thought it might be passable in a waterworld kinda way but no no no. Tom Petty even turns up a makes a foool of himself.

the burbs uncut. 5/10 not bad for a tom hanks outing.
the hills have eyes. Wes craven at his best. Never seen it before 10/10
rounded the day off with "a mighty wind" gets funnier evertime I see it. !0/!0

wish I was sick more often.

the burbs - 5/10?
so wrong.

easily an 8 or a 9

Sardineeee?

last movie i watched was 'bachelor party' - i was about as monged as the donkey and didn't watch it all. great movie though

GG Allen - Hated - wicked, but was a bit... It's kinda fucked up how he's getting beat to fuck onstage by fifteen "fans" and his brother's standing a foot away, just playing away as if nothing's happening. All told felt kinda sorry for the guy. Extras was wicked though, the last gig was well worth watching.

Basque Ball - rather liked it, but it could have done with a quick history lesson at the start. Don't know fuck all about the backstory, and with the film's (admirable) attempt to stay impartial it was kinda hard to pick out the facts. Looking forward to watching it again once i've read up on the whole thing a bit more.

watched slingblade last night, totally amazing movie. i've always had a soft spot for billy bob, it baffles me how people can dislike him after he's written a movie like this

then i watched Harvey, starring Jimmy Stewart. ive loved this movie since i was a kid... basically, Jimmy Stewart gets stalked by a giant invisible rabbit, gets slung in a mental institution and hilarity ensues. one of the best G rated movies you'll ever see

25th hour, a spike lee joint, as they say, or at least as spike lee likes to say. well acted and some deadly scenes and i like the whole new york vibe from it but it was a bit goddamn slow. would philip seymour hoffman stop playing pathetic people please? he's supposed to be a brilliant "character actor" but instead is typecast as a nervous loser. has anyone seen love liza? what an horrifically bad film. i only got it out cos jim o'rourke did the sound track and even then it was all old stuff.

anyway there's a deadly scene where ed norton's reflection is talking to him and he does this whole list of fuck you's and its deadly.

also a brilliant scene in the night-club where the ol' 5.1 sound shit came into its own for the first time ever.

coast to coast said:
25th hour, a spike lee joint, as they say, or at least as spike lee likes to say. well acted and some deadly scenes and i like the whole new york vibe from it but it was a bit goddamn slow. would philip seymour hoffman stop playing pathetic people please? he's supposed to be a brilliant "character actor" but instead is typecast as a nervous loser. has anyone seen love liza? what an horrifically bad film. i only got it out cos jim o'rourke did the sound track and even then it was all old stuff.

anyway there's a deadly scene where ed norton's reflection is talking to him and he does this whole list of fuck you's and its deadly.

also a brilliant scene in the night-club where the ol' 5.1 sound shit came into its own for the first time ever.

Love Liza is brilliant, in a pathetic, sorrowful sort of way. I could have cried from start to finish if I didn't have my tough guy repuation to uphold. PSH plays hopeless losers so well! Doesn't character actor just mean "dude what is typecast" anyway?

Zeelander said:
Love Liza is brilliant, in a pathetic, sorrowful sort of way. I could have cried from start to finish if I didn't have my tough guy repuation to uphold. PSH plays hopeless losers so well! Doesn't character actor just mean "dude what is typecast" anyway?

strange how the first time i watched it i cried and now on repeated viewings its turning into more and more of a comedy. i guess it is described as a comic tragedy.

"I loved well. I did. I did, I loved well I don't want a letter. I don't want a fucking letter!"
makes me want to cry.

"This isnt a hotel denny."
is screamed to much around my home.

Anyone seen "crash"....saw it the other night and expected it to be much worse. Couple of bits are ridiculuos but over all, you could go see worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back