What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

Watched Garden State last night. Why did this get such five star reviews? I thought it was good/nice/etc. but not earth-moving in the way people said it was. Hmmm.

Annie Hall, Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy stand up.
Yeah it was a night for american minorities in da house.
Annie Hall ace as always. Turned some anti-allens from the dark side.
Eddie Murphy- Sexist, racist, homophobic prick. Turned it off pretty quick.
Richard Pryor- Now theres a man with a lot of anger. The anger seemed to be mixed with a bit of fear, dollop of sexism and a hefty shake of the funnies.

Ended up watching Father Ted.

Zeelander said:
Love Liza is brilliant, in a pathetic, sorrowful sort of way. I could have cried from start to finish if I didn't have my tough guy repuation to uphold. PSH plays hopeless losers so well! Doesn't character actor just mean "dude what is typecast" anyway?

i thought it was really funny. huffing petrol - like having a helicopter in your head.

saw 'dear wendy' last night.

Spellbound. Good, but i was expecting better as i'd been waiting too long to see it.

Ransom. GIMMIE BACK MY SON!!!
All mel gibson seems to do is look persecuted in his movies, or make movies about persecution. What a pussy.

Flight of the Phoenix. Chewing gum for the eyes,could do worse. Dennis Quaids a fucking ride apparantly.

La femme Nikita- Shite.

I was baby-sittin all weekend see.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Spellbound. Good, but i was expecting better as i'd been waiting too long to see it.

Ransom. GIMMIE BACK MY SON!!!
All mel gibson seems to do is look persecuted in his movies, or make movies about persecution. What a pussy.

Flight of the Phoenix. Chewing gum for the eyes,could do worse. Dennis Quaids a fucking ride apparantly.

La femme Nikita- Shite.

I was baby-sittin all weekend see.

The original Luc Besson version of Nikita? SACRILEGE

PS I have both "Subway" (made before Nikita. Mad) and the extended Director's Cut of Leon available from the ICUH8N DVD Repositorium.

I want to take his face.....off.
Wait a minute, you want to take his face ..... off?
Yes, his FACE.......OFF.

Guess what I watched last night.

That's right 'Out of Africa'

chickenham said:
I want to take his face.....off.
Wait a minute, you want to take his face ..... off?
Yes, his FACE.......OFF
"no more drugs for that man!"

saw it too. that movie makes little baby jesus cry blood thinking of all the starving little babies...

hilariously bad. enjoyably bad even!

kirstie said:
whatareyizonabout?
It's AMAZINGly over the top. And that's why it's good.

Oh god, the extended scenes of doves fluttering around in the church.

*death

kirstie said:
that's an auld John Woo staple though isn't it? Fluttery doves like.

I think so, though I wish it weren't. It doesn't build any tension, except the tension in MA HEED

Watched Thriller: The Next Scream Your Hear

Businessman Bernard Peel is being framed for the murder of his wife and calls in private detective extraordinaire Matthew Earp. The flamboyant Earp pieces together a scenario that is completely at odds with the official version, much to the annoyance of the authorities. However, there are some disturbing implications to the evidence. Is Peel really being framed, or he is cleverer than he looks?

good but the weakest of the third series.

ICUH8N said:
I think so, though I wish it weren't. It doesn't build any tension, except the tension in MA HEED

It works in The Killer, the best gun film ever. John Woo rules, even if most of his Hollywood stuff is shite. Face/Off is amazing because it's so shite and it has John Travolta and Nicolas Cage in the same film, a true recipe for shiteness.

Also, Richard Pryor stand-up is actually so funny it hurts!

Anyone watch Monthy Python's And Now For Something Completly Different? A Mix of the different sketches from the series, it just reminded me of how truly odd Terry Gilliam's cartoon interludes were. Completely worth sitting through, the upper class twit of the year competition at the end is probably one of the most hilarious things I've seen. Funny too how much influence Monthy Python has had.

watched Dirty Pretty Things.

it's about immigrants, they way they're treated shittily by the government, and about they way they sell their kidneys for passports to a better world.

gah.

ICUH8N said:

I don't think it's intended to build tension as such, it's supposed to be symbolic of peace contrasting with the violence taking place. And then they go putting out candles and all. John Woo likes to think he's a bit arty like.

Cormcolash said:
It works in The Killer, the best gun film ever. John Woo rules, even if most of his Hollywood stuff is shite.

True, but the music in the Killer is atrocious. As in painful. Worse than Scarface.

ratmonkey said:
Don't quite recall Battle Royale as being particularly gory, but the violence in Ichi is kind of ridiculous in a good way.

crikey, i thought BR was rather gorefest-ish indeed. but then again, i have a low tolerance to gore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back