What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

death race 2000 (on amazon prime)

wanted to see it for close on 40 years

dialogue was hilariously cheesy, overall disappointing though (very low budget effects, etc)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw it on Super Channel about 30 years ago and it freaked me out.

The Mercy on Netflix ...fair to middling family viewing

Nowhere on Netflix ... Same again

Suspiria 4K restoration in the lighthouse... Fantastic

Killers of the Flower Moon - had a day off the next day so went to the late showing in the Lighthouse, finishing circa midnight.. It's a very good movie with a great evocation of the period/place, plenty of vivid scenes that stick in the mind and a lot of fine acting. That said, it is a heck of a long haul (my legs were seizing up by the end) & I'm not convinced that you couldn't tell the same story effectively and lose an hour, or 45 mins at least. I haven't see The Irishman yet but I understand it has a similar epic length - I guess that's just Scorcese's modus operandi now.

Killers of the Flower Moon - had a day off the next day so went to the late showing in the Lighthouse, finishing circa midnight.. It's a very good movie with a great evocation of the period/place, plenty of vivid scenes that stick in the mind and a lot of fine acting. That said, it is a heck of a long haul (my legs were seizing up by the end) & I'm not convinced that you couldn't tell the same story effectively and lose an hour, or 45 mins at least. I haven't see The Irishman yet but I understand it has a similar epic length - I guess that's just Scorcese's modus operandi now.
I'm finding the same with a lot of these 'epics' these days, that you could easily cut 30-45 minutes out of them and not lose much of any importance. Oppenheimer was the same that way too.

Same. Brilliant film. The sheer freakiness of it has never been surpassed in American horror cinema.
100% agree.

It's as mental today as it was the day it came out...it brought me back to the excitement I felt the first time I saw it.. circa 1985 on car boot library VHS

One thing that always strikes me and one of the main reasons I'll go and rewatch movies in the cinema is for the sound and how much it ramps up the terror..and the sound of TCM is some of the best you'll ever hear.

It's like a erm..sledgehammer to the face

The whole cinema erupted in applause at the end. What a thriller

100% agree.

It's as mental today as it was the day it came out...it brought me back to the excitement I felt the first time I saw it.. circa 1985 on car boot library VHS

One thing that always strikes me and one of the main reasons I'll go and rewatch movies in the cinema is for the sound and how much it ramps up the terror..and the sound of TCM is some of the best you'll ever hear.

It's like a erm..sledgehammer to the face

The whole cinema erupted in applause at the end. What a thriller
Yeah, you pretty much know you're in for a wild ride from the hitchhiker scene onwards

Yeah, you pretty much know you're in for a wild ride from the hitchhiker scene onwards
And virtually no special fx. You don't really see anything. A bit of make up.

theres some great camerawork I'd never noticed before..

the way the camera zooms in and out when the dad pulls up in his truck to brink Sally back to the house

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back