What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

Prince of Darkness - JOne of John Carpenter's most underrated films. Mixes supernatural horror and sci fi to great effect and features some amazing practical effects, a classic Carpenter score and some genuinely disturbing imagery.

Watched this for the first time there last year or the year before, great stuff!

10 minutes of total shit called Ideal Home where Steve Coogan and Paul Rudd play a gay couple (badly).
Larry Crowne, a Tom Hanks film. Started promising. Went down from there. Would not recommend.

Saw Midsommar, it is great, it's a bit like a less well thought out Wicker Man, naturally.
The cinematography was pretty amazing, and the sound was real good too, it's just too bad that the plot itself felt fairly predictable.
I honestly think if they

had have had the devil rise up outta the ground and everybody started floating about I would have been satisfied

That Netflix doc Knock Down the House. 4 very likeable women but you could see why AOC was the one to make the breakthrough. Much more comfortable in the spotlight, has the charisma to back up the policies/narrative.

I don’t know about Casting the Runes, is it a more recent adaptation? Going to re-read the story soon.

Big fucking yay to both. Assault is early John Carpenter and just exudes menace, despite dating a bit. Night of the Demon is from 1957 and manages to be an occult thriller that doesn't descend into absolute silliness. Notable for being where Kate Bush sampled the “It’s in the trees! It’s coming!” line at the start of “Hounds of Love”.
Casting the Runes is on youtube now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

over in London there for good chunk of last week. treated myself to some quality cinema time. went to the Curzon in Bloomsbury to see Midsommar (brilliant) one night and a new very bleak 19th century mystery/dark drama with Maxine Peake called Gwen (only alright).

Also went to see Don't Look Now in BFI. Amazing to see it on the big screen. First time in BFI, really cool spot.

and also saw Moon with live score from London Contemporary Orchestra in Barbican with a little intro from Clint Mansell.

edit: also went to the Kubrick exhibition at the Design Museum which was fucking phenomenal

Unbelievably good movie.

Just looking at IMDB

Seems Iron Maiden's Steve Harris isn't the only one who writes songs about the films he watches

The lyrics from Big Audio Dynamite's hit 'E=MC2' reveal many moments of the film. The complete segment from the song describing the movie goes: Met a dwarf that was no good/Dressed like little Red Riding Hood/Bad habit taking life/Calling card a six inch knife/Ran off really fast/Mumbled something 'bout the past/Best sex I've ever seen/As if each moment was the last/Drops of blood color slide/Funeral for his bride/But it's him who's really dead/Gets to take the funeral ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back