What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Miracle Mile - 80s nuclear apocalypse film starring Anthony Edwards. I did a search here and @Scientician 0.8 raved about it a few years ago. Pretty good. It's on Netflix.

The Conversation - Francis Ford Coppola thriller/mystery starring Gene Hackman from 1974 about a surveillance expert. This was deadly.

I watched the godfathers of hardcore, a documentary about agnostic front. I knew the name but never heard the music. Was quite good. It got more interesting as it went on. It focused on the lives the two main members, not a whole lot on the music.

I thought it was good,but would have liked more interviews from past members.

First l.p. is a top 5 for me

The Matrix in the Lighthouse. Haven’t seen it in about 15 years but keep seeing bits of the awful sequels on TV. This was still so good but fuck me, starting a film at 10:30pm is a disaster as I kept nodding off. I see Ghost World is coming up but I’m going to skip it as it’s another late show. Fuck that.

Nightmare Cinema - gory, spirited anthology horror, with Mickey Rourke as a demonic projectionist who introduces the stories Crypt Keeper style.

Prince of Darkness - JOne of John Carpenter's most underrated films. Mixes supernatural horror and sci fi to great effect and features some amazing practical effects, a classic Carpenter score and some genuinely disturbing imagery.
Prince of Darkness is an incredible film. That and The Thing are my favourites.

People who’ve seen Midsommar -
what do you think happened to Danny after? Was she killed or did she become part of the cult?
I read it that she was now part of the cult but life wouldn't be pleasant for her. She'd be expected to breed a tonne of offspring and would basically be ridden senseless. I liked the ending but it was very bleak. There were intimations that she had some issues with sex which makes that outcome even more horrible. She's smiling because she's finally free of Jack Reynor, a relationship she constantly clung to despite her better judgement, but had a much worse fate in store. That's how I saw it anyway.

I would think 'part of the cult'. She was smiling. She had found her family. Or maybe just out of her mind on drugs.

I enjoyed the film a lot but I thought it would surprise me more. It played out pretty much the way I expected (in broad strokes at least, if not in the details). Though I saw the old people jumping off the cliff bit coming a mile off. I think I wanted Ari Aster to subvert the folk-horror genre a bit more than he did. Hereditary was a lot more unnerving.

Non-spoiler summary of above. Midsommar was good but not as good as I had hoped it would be.
Yeah I'd go along with that. It played out exactly as I expected which disappointed me and didn't really try to do anything that different to, say, The Wicker Man. I was a bit disappointed leaving the cinema but it's stayed with me. There were really some amazing bits in there. Masterful in places.

I was in and out of the room while my wife watched it and I enjoyed what I saw. I mean it was completely throwaway mind farts but in an entertaining way.

People who’ve seen Midsommar -
what do you think happened to Danny after? Was she killed or did she become part of the cult?

I imagine her drinking snapps singing songs about the bear dancing around the place and generally having a good life there. Anyway I enjoyed it and didn't see allot of the plot twists coming it did seem more of an American film than a Swedish one which of course it is.

Last edited:
I watched Nico, 1988 on FilmFour. It was quiet good. It cover’s the latter years of her life, living & touring around Europe. Lots of cigarettes smoked in a moody way, lots heroin & grimness. It’s all very a bohemian. The actress playing Nico was very good. The film looks great. Nice colour palette used, murky greens & off yellow hues. The atmosphere is cold, subdued & oppressive but I liked it.

I watched Nico, 1988 on FilmFour. It was quiet good. It cover’s the latter years of her life, living & touring around Europe. Lots of cigarettes smoked in a moody way, lots heroin & grimness. It’s all very a bohemian. The actress playing Nico was very good. The film looks great. Nice colour palette used, murky greens & off yellow hues. The atmosphere is cold, subdued & oppressive but I liked it.
Shit, didn’t know this existed and doesn’t seem to be on again. Just available from the Sky Store.

Just watched this. Very good

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back