What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Cool, I need to watch that! Life goals is to be like these guys.

Same. And it was kind of cool watching a documentary about an amazing group who were also like "yeah of course we have jobs and families", and just generally really grounded about their music and life cohesion.

Same. And it was kind of cool watching a documentary about an amazing group who were also like "yeah of course we have jobs and families", and just generally really grounded about their music and life cohesion.
They're probably my favourite of the Japanese noise scene*, that sense of catharsis and unleashing of energy combined with the knowledge that they are just regular lads who arrive to the gig on their way home from work and let loose. Pure physical joy as opposed to the nihilism that noise is known for.

*CCCC are a close second.

INCAPACITANTS documentary movie (its only around 40 mins), which is on Youtube. It was good, awkward, kinda bootleg and low key, much like the band themselvezs. Was cool watching this, though, I got to see Mikawa play in Tokyo last year, and it brought back happy memories.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Girl hit me with that link.

I was at this too. The artist talk bit was refreshingly matter-of-fact and all the more interesting for it. He seems sound.
It was great, wasn't it? Had a proper laugh at that knob talking about greek quotes. Leckey was like...what the fuck? Such a down to earth guy.

Island of terror. Low budget British thriller with sci-fi elements from 1966.
Fairly typical of its time, but good all the same. I will watch anything with Peter Cushing in it.

The full film is up on youtube for those inclined.

Widows. Thought this was very good. This tracking shot is one of the best things in it.

The Breadwinner, excellent.

Lion, true story. Also very good. Although the childhood parts in India worked a little better than the adult story. Would be interested in reading the book it's based on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back