What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Saw 'Norman' starring Richard Gere.. he's very good in it as a kind of small-time wheeler-dealer with delusions of grandeur trying to break into the New York Jewish high society business and political scenes late in his career.. I stopped finding it plausible towards the end as the stakes escalated and there are some unnecessary stylistic gimmicks that grate a bit but it's a decent intelligent farce / tragicomedy.. you get Steve Buscemi as a rabbi also which is a bonus.

Last edited:
Elysium - started well but got progressively more boring.

Apocalypse Now. Family viewing. Fair play to the 15 yr old, he made it to the end. He didn't like the second half though.

Cafe Society, Woody Allen 2016 film. One of his better looking films I suppose but let's not pretend it was anything other than awful.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Spoof of music biopics. Grand. As with any of these types of films some of the jokes hit and some miss.

Prisoners. Denis Villeneuve's thriller starring Hugh Jackman as the father of a kidnapped girl and Jake Gyllenhaal as the cop investigating. Pure nail biting stuff. Both the leads give really strong performances. Gyllenhaal is particularly good as the twitchy nervy bro cop.

Prisoners. Denis Villeneuve's thriller starring Hugh Jackman as the father of a kidnapped girl and Jake Gyllenhaal as the cop investigating. Pure nail biting stuff. Both the leads give really strong performances. Gyllenhaal is particularly good as the twitchy nervy bro cop.

Terriific film, The best JAckman has ever been.

I watched the first 40 minutes of Fight Club before turning it off. Now there's a film that has aged badly. Dreadful
I'd say it's been a good decade at least since I last saw it.

I keep on meaning to go back since it's such a current internet fav.

I'd say it's been a good decade at least since I last saw it.

I keep on meaning to go back since it's such a current internet fav.
I thought current thinking was that it had been rejected as a neo-fascist paean to toxic masculinity. (As opposed to the common theory at the time that it was an anti-capitalist critique of same)

Magnificent 7
Grand as a western, as a remake shite.

Suicide Squad
One of the worst films ever made. I was re-watching it to see whether my original impression was wrong and to give it another chance. Nope. Still terrible.

Hacksaw Ridge
Take the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan stretch it out to a couple of hours and try not to be bored by vicera, divots of flesh and mangles limbs. Teresa Palmer is not unattractive though and I though Garfield was good.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not as good as the first one and I'd no blanket to throw over the child for the inevitable strip club scene so just had to shield his eyes with my outstretched arm.

Cry of the Banshee

great opening titles by Terry Gilliam

A surprising amount of bare tits. Rodney from Emmerdale shows up again.

It should be up there with Witchfinder general or The Blood on Satan's Claw but It really could have dome with better editing and a more competent director.

Disappointing, but will give it another go some time.

Oh yeah, no Banshee.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought current thinking was that it had been rejected as a neo-fascist paean to toxic masculinity. (As opposed to the common theory at the time that it was an anti-capitalist critique of same)
I guess my thinking is that until Chapo get someone else elected the Pepe-loving wrong side of the internet = most people.

Blue Jasmine. I have seen very few Woody Allen films, but this was good.

Money for old rope for Alec Baldwin playing these kind of roles. Put on some businessy clothes, talk, done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back