What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Saw La La Land tonight. Pile of shit

saw it at the weekend and surprised myself by not hating it. I did go with low expectations though.

I thought it was beautifully made and there was the bones of a good story in there somewhere. I didn't get the whole making a musical out of it, thing though. With the jazz alone there'd have been enough musical content in it.

On the back of this I watched Whiplash last night on Netflix. You can certainly see some similiarities in terms of style, etc, but Whiplash was way better.

New National lampoons vacation film, tragically. The scene where they go for a swim in a lake by sewer is an excellent metaphore for the film.

Green room. It's grand, like. Worth a viewing, if there's not much else on.
Green Room was ok. That lead actor's voice (I know he's died since) did my head in though" I watched Blue Ruin, the film that same director made before Green Room; bit meh as well.

Finally got to see Arrival. Pretty good though parts of the story don't stack up. Great visuals though.

I really must go see more films in 2017!

Two excellent South Korean films over the last couple of days.

The Chaser - nail biting thriller about a cop turned pimp searching one of his girls who has been abducted by a serial killer. Incredibly tense. I was shouting at the screen at points. The killer is a particularly loathsome cunt. High velocity foot chases and fucking nasty fight scenes abound. 9/10

Train to Busan - zombie apocalypse on a train. Fun, frantic zombie flick. Starts out very well but sort of loses its way toward the end. I like siege movies set in one location - assault on precinct 13, green Room etc - and this works for the most part. 8/10

A good double bill is this and After Hours. Scorsese's creepiest comedies
After Hours is some trip.

I've watched some shite on Netflix recently...The Man In The Iron mask is there... big, biiiiig budget hokum. Absolute shit. Amusingly so. It has montages. How does Malkovich get jobs, he's appalling. He's like a parody.

i watched the original bad lieutenant the other night and it's a fucking masterpiece imo. such a dark, dark character.

i really don't understand how anybody thought the werner herzog remake stood up in any way - harvey keitel makes nick cage look like barney (p.s. i love herzog's docu-films).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back