What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

I'm watching a film called Desierto in which Gael Garcia Bernal leads a group of Mexican migrants being hunted down by a homicidal racist with a high powered rifle while trying to cross the border. It's basically Wolf Creek if Mick Taylor was a Trump fan rather than a sex murderer. Pretty tense if a bit predictable. The music is pure Terminator meets It Follows.

Arrival. Smart, thought provoking and moving sci if film. Strong performances and great special effects. One of the best films I've seen this year. Roll on Bladerunner 2!
yeah but:

1. A better film would be Aliens arrive and we spend the whole film following Amy Adams and friends decoding their language, the end.

2. more importantly, why is she the only one who can see into the future? Wasn't that the whole point of the language?
Is the book she writes about it really bad and doesn't actually teach else anyone to read the alien language?

Or did you have to go into their pod to get her special powers?

Arrival. Brought Daisy along and we fucking loved it

I also watched Japanese movie called Our Little Sister the other night..which was good for a chick flick.

yeah but:

1. A better film would be Aliens arrive and we spend the whole film following Amy Adams and friends decoding their language, the end.

2. more importantly, why is she the only one who can see into the future? Wasn't that the whole point of the language?
Is the book she writes about it really bad and doesn't actually teach else anyone to read the alien language?

Or did you have to go into their pod to get her special powers?
1.Agreed, but Hollywood. Need to introduce peril to get the bums on seats. Who's gonna watch a film about linguistics? Also, they figured that language in what seemed like a couple of weeks!

2. Not sure. My guess is that the aliens liked her because she made them laugh so they gave her special powers!

Fantastic Beasts.

I liked it a lot.
Eddie whatshis face is great.
The girl doing the Maralyn impression was great too.
Even Fogle was OK.

Plotwise there seems to be two completely unrelated strands on the go with little enough to link them and with each having a wildly different tone.

It was like continually cutting between Willy Wonka and the Excorcist.

newly added to Netflix, german movie Victoria. Was looking forward to seeing this for ages having had the score on LP for a good while before it's release and also to see how this one take movie could possibly work. Absolutely fucking loved it. Completely blown away. Highly recommend, imagine it would divide opinion though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back